Junior Channel Editor - Pluto TV
Employment Type: Full-Time
About The Brand
Pluto TV, a ViacomCBS company, is the leading free streaming television service in America, delivering 250+ live and original channels and thousands of on-demand movies in partnership with major TV networks, movie studios, publishers, and digital media companies. Pluto TV is available on all mobile, web and connected TV streaming devices and millions of viewers tune in each month to watch premium news, TV shows, movies, sports, lifestyle, and trending digital series. Headquartered in West Hollywood, Pluto TV has offices in New York, Silicon Valley, Chicago and Berlin.
Overview and Responsibilities
Are you looking to get your start in the business of deciding what shows and movies viewers want? Working with the Programming Team, the Junior Channel Editor is responsible for channel management in order to build out some of the 200+ channels on Pluto TV. This role reports to the Sr Programming Manager.
This is a critical role with a wide range of responsibilities, including:
* Building episodes in our proprietary Content Management System (CMS).
* Scheduling pre-programmed live stream and episodic channels.
* Tracking and data entry used for programming decisions.
* Understanding the workflows and completing tasks within the CMS, catalog review process, and life-cycle of content.
* Other tasks and duties as assigned.
We believe the right individual will have the following skills and experience in order to be successful in this role:
* This is an entry level position.
* Attention to detail.
* Knowledge of and interest in the entertainment media landscape.
* The ability to pick up proprietary program scheduling software.
* Comfort working with data and understanding how data plays into programming strategy.
* Knowledge of Pluto TV
ViacomCBS is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
At ViacomCBS, the spirit of inclusion feeds into everything that we do, on-screen and off. From the programming and movies we create to employee benefits/programs and social impact outreach initiatives, we believe that opportunity, access, resources and rewards should be available to and for the benefit of all. ViacomCBS is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, and Veteran status.
Application FAQs (Opens new window)' href='http://icims.help'>
Location : CityStateForPosting West Hollywood, CA
Job Locations US-CA-WEST HOLLYWOOD
Brand Pluto TV
Job Type Full-Time Staff
iCIMS ID 2020-14979