Financial Analyst - Paramount Pictures
Employment Type: Full-Time
Founded in 1912, Paramount Pictures works with the entertainment industry's biggest filmmakers and brightest stars to produce and distribute entertainment around the world. The iconic Paramount logo has opened some of the most successful and beloved films in cinematic history, including timeless classics such as Sunset Boulevard, The Godfather, Forrest Gump and Ferris Bueller's Day Off; and blockbuster franchises such as Star Trek, Transformers, and Mission: Impossible. Recent innovative break-out films such as A Quiet Place and Rocketman have further elevated Paramount's film legacy. On the small screen, Paramount Television Studios' Defending Jacob, 13 Reasons Why, The Haunting of Bly Manor, The Alienist: Angel of Darkness, Made for Love and Tom Clancy's Jack Ryan have also been thrilling audiences. With a beautiful 65-acre lot in the heart of Hollywood, a worldwide network of offices and a culture of engagement, Paramount's passionate employees ensure the studio continues to deliver creativity and innovation to a dynamic industry. Paramount is a subsidiary of ViacomCBS, which reaches 700 million global subscribers through MTV, Nickelodeon, Comedy Central, BET and other media networks.
The Financial Analyst (FA) is responsible for supporting Studio accounting processes including (but not limited to) preparing and parking journals entries, preparing various reports and balance sheet reconciliations. In addition, FA will assist Manager Corporate Reporting in month/quarter close tasks to ensure timelines and completeness of all deliverables for both, Studio and Corporate Business Units.
This position reports to the Manager Corporate Reporting based in Los Angeles and there will be significant interaction with Studio Finance Teams.
* Prepare and park monthly and quarterly journal entries and re-class as required
* Perform monthly balance sheet accounts reconciliations, report and resolve identified issues
* Ensure clearing of all suspense accounts
* Update monthly Studio Allocations
* Review cash accounts, propose write offs and prepare supporting documentation
* Prepare quarterly Roll Forwards
* Assist with Balance Sheet Deck preparation
* Participate in other month-end close cycle activities
* Assist in other ad hoc reporting and special projects
* Assist with both internal and external audit requests as required
* Bachelor's Degree in Finance/Business or related field
* Basic knowledge of SAP
* Intermediate skills in Excel
* Work based on Los Angeles work hours and overtime to meet deadlines including at month and quarter ends
* Self-starter with ability to learn quickly and with hands-on approach
* Ability to work independently
* Ability to handle several tasks simultaneously, prioritize workload efficiently and meet strict deadlines
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the soft personal skills needed to collect accurate information from a wide network of people in a timely manner
* Detailed oriented and organized
* Knowledge of U.S. GAAP and accounting close cycle
* Experience in the Entertainment and Media industry is a plus
ViacomCBS is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
At ViacomCBS, the spirit of inclusion feeds into everything that we do, on-screen and off. From the programming and movies we create to employee benefits/programs and social impact outreach initiatives, we believe that opportunity, access, resources and rewards should be available to and for the benefit of all. ViacomCBS is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, and Veteran status.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access. https://www.viacomcbs.com/careers as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by calling 212.846.5500 or by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only messages left for this purpose will be returned.#06022021