Associate Digital Line Producer
Employment Type: Full-Time
CBS Television Stations consists of 28 CBS-owned stations in 17 major U.S. markets, as well as the stations' digital properties. The portfolio of stations includes 15 that are part of the CBS Television Network, eight affiliates of The CW Network, three independent stations and two MyNetworkTV affiliates.
The station group's properties also include CBSN Local, a joint initiative with CBS Interactive that features direct-to-consumer streaming news services in the markets where the Company has local news organizations. CBS Television Stations' premium local content is also distributed to consumers by the group's websites and mobile applications.
CBSN-Sacramento is looking for an Associate Digital Line Producer to work on CBSN-Sacramento's local live streaming network. The Associate Digital Line Producer (ADLP) will work with the Digital Line Producers (DLPs) and the control room teams handling and optimizing live and on demand video content for mobile, desktop and OTT platforms.
The role requires close coordination with DLPs, Senior and Broadcast Line Producers during live news programs, but the ADLP will assist with editing video for the CBSN wheel.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
* Assisting with timing in a control room environment.
* Helping to Code/stack rundown content at the direction of the show producers with regard to video, graphics, scripts and other elements.
* Anticipate the needs of the DLP and the show with regard to video, graphics, scripts and other elements while also taking direction from Executive Producers.
* Helping to coordinate with the senior and line producers during live news programs.
* Assisting with building show rundowns.
* Recent college grad with 1+ years of experience preferred in helping to create and build show rundowns in cable, broadcast or digital environment.
* Ability to work under very tight deadlines to write headlines and edit video for live digital broadcast.
* Familiarity with Edius editing systems.
* Available for early mornings, nights, overnights, weekends, holidays; this is a 24-hour streaming service.
* Experience with Fusion and iNews a big plus!
ViacomCBS is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
At ViacomCBS, the spirit of inclusion feeds into everything that we do, on-screen and off. From the programming and movies we create to employee benefits/programs and social impact outreach initiatives, we believe that opportunity, access, resources and rewards should be available to and for the benefit of all. ViacomCBS is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, and Veteran status.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access. https://www.viacomcbs.com/careers as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by calling 212.846.5500 or by sending an email to email@example.com. Only messages left for this purpose will be returned.