Vans Manager, CLM Activation & Analytics
Employment Type: Full-Time
Vans: Be a Part of the Original
'It was never about waving the brand like a flag, it was always about the people' - Paul Van Doren
Vans is the original action sports footwear company, rooted in authenticity and creativity. Founded in 1966, Vans has thrived on a legacy of impacting our greater community through four pillars: action sports, music, art and street culture. We are constantly inspired by the expressive creators within our company and community as they bring new and innovative perspectives to help shape and transform the future of our business.
At Vans, our culture sets us apart and influences everything we do. We are driven by five values:
1. We are determined.
2. We are connected to our consumers and to each other.
3. We are inclusive.
4. We are expressive and fun.
5. And most of all, we are a family.
Vans is a subsidiary of VF, one of the world's largest apparel and footwear companies with socially and environmentally responsible operations spanning numerous geographies, product categories and distribution channels. As we continue to expand, VF and Vans take great measures in developing and growing our people.
Vans is founded on a culture of learning. We take pride in our ability to facilitate learning opportunities by providing the resources and tools necessary to support each individual's pursuit of growth to achieve future goals driven by our brand purpose.
Our purpose to enable creative expression and inspire youth culture is fostered through inclusivity. We welcome anyone and everyone into our global family and proudly celebrate an environment where individuality is embraced, equal opportunities thrive, and everyone is empowered to reach their greatest potential.
By joining the Vans family, you will be immersed in an environment of incredibly supportive and collaborative people. We work very hard across a multitude of large initiatives to bring the Van Doren spirit to life. We live for what we do.
Manager, CLM Activation & Analytics: Become the Newest Member of the Vans Family
The Consumer Lifecycle Management department at Vans consists of two groups:
* Loyalty: This team manages the 'Vans Family' loyalty program. The program empowers us to better understand our consumers and in turn enables us to deliver more personalized brand experiences.
* Analytics & Activation: By tapping into consumer data from all transactional and experiential brand touch points, this team creates consumer knowledge and provides relevant and actionable insights to the organization. We leverage these insights and consumer profiles to drive personalization and targeted marketing with the ultimate goal to create individualized consumer journeys.
As the Manager, CLM Activation & Analytics, you will report to the Senior Manager, CLM who leads the analytics & activation group. You will leverage your prior consumer and marketing analytics background to drive the adoption and evolution of our Consumer Data Platform (CDP) for the Americas region. You will manage an analyst who will support you in ensuring consumer data quality, compliance with privacy requirements, reporting and insights creation.
With this opportunity, you will use your martech and analytical skills to develop personalized audiences and campaign automations to support marketing & digital initiatives. You will build reports and dashboards to help the marketing & eCommerce teams better understand campaign effectiveness, segment performance and/or testing results. Your attention to detail and strong analytical background will help you manage plans and projects simultaneously to ensure accurate results.
You have a genuine curiosity and interest in bringing personalized consumer journeys to life. You can easily work with cross functional partners to get the work done. Additionally, you have a connectivity to youth culture, creative expression and live the Van Doren Spirit: work hard, collaborate with others and most importantly, have fun.
How You Will Make a Difference:
1. Lead Consumer Data Platform (CDP) strategy & execution in the Americas region
2. Partner closely with VF Digital Technology product teams to evolve Consumer 360 capabilities
3. Develop automated campaign workflows in CDP, Salesforce Marketing Cloud and similar tools
4. Partner with marketing teams to create segment audiences for targeted communications including Email, Paid Social, Paid Search, SMS, App/Mobile, A/B testing and others
5. Fuel website personalization use cases with segmentation and data feed automation
6. Own and maintain reports and dashboards to track key consumer KPIs, segmentation and marketing campaign performance for Americas region. Ensure compliance with data privacy requirements.
7. Your diverse experiences and background enable you to provide a unique perspective to fuel our global growth. Additionally, you are inclusive and value differing points of view. You hire, develop and support a team that reflects our global consumer population.
8. Manage and develop an analyst responsible for consumer data quality, privacy, insights and reporting in the Americas region
Skills for Success:
Years of Related Professional Experience: 5-7 years
* BA/BS Degree in Marketing, Economics, Business or similar field
* 5-7 years of experience working in marketing, CRM, digital analytics or related field/function
* Expert level knowledge of martech platforms including Consumer Data Platform (CDP), Data Management Platform (DMP) and Email Service Provider (ESP) solutions (e.g. Salesforce, Adobe, Microsoft)
* Proven experience analyzing and translating data into business and consumer insights
* Strong technical skills including SQL; programming languages such as Python a plus
* Experience developing and executing A/B and multivariate tests
* Proficient with digital marketing analytics tools (e.g. Google Analytics, Adobe Analytics)
* Expert in data visualization & dashboards (e.g. Tableau, Power BI)
* Background in retail, direct-to-consumer industry preferred
* Proven track record of effectively managing and developing analytics talent
* Strong written and verbal communication; comfortable presenting to large stakeholder groups including upper level management
* Manage and maintain cross-functional relationships with internal and external partners
* Effective project management skills, including the ability to lead or work on several projects simultaneously
Special Physical and/or Mental Requirements:
* Travel by air and overnight, as required 10% amount of time.
* Lifting and/or bending 5 pounds amount of weight.