Product Compliance Manager
Employment Type: Full-Time
At Verkada, we're rethinking what it means to be physically safe. Today, we build security cameras, access control units, sensors, and alarm systems that combine the simplicity and ease of use of consumer devices with the enterprise grade security and management that businesses require. Using a combination of software and hardware, we're transforming an industry that has seen little innovation for decades-and we already support thousands of customers. But this is just the beginning. We envision a world in which security systems feel as seamless and modern as the organizations they protect and our enterprise solution becomes a model for not just business security, but public security as well.
As Product Compliance Manager, you will be responsible for ensuring Verkada's products and features comply with applicable regulations and licensing requirements. You will work closely with product management and legal counsel to understand relevant requirements and execute compliance efforts.
You'll tackle a range of problems, including:
* Researching local, state, federal, and international regulatory requirements for new products and features.
* Communicating regulatory requirements and contextual data on the regulatory landscape to product management and executive leadership.
* Developing a regulatory and compliance strategy for domestic and international markets
* Acquiring necessary licenses, certifications, documentation, and other compliance deliverables.
* Tracking status of compliance efforts, including license applications and renewals.
* Monitoring changes in regulations and enforcement that impact Verkada products.
* High academic achievement from a leading undergraduate university
* Minimum of 2 years experience in a business-oriented function
* Legal or governmental affairs background a plus
* Horsepower: we are looking for people with strong business acumen who can approach complex problems and solve them from start to finish.
* First principles thinking: we approach every problem with the question 'What is the right answer for us?' not just 'What do other people do?'
* Ownership mentality: we sweat the details, we work incredibly hard, we drive things to the very end.
* Flexibility: you are comfortable working in a fast-paced startup environment that will require you to manage competing priorities, pivot quickly and often, and continually build as the company scales.
* Strong technical understanding: you have the ability to establish credibility with engineers, lawyers, and execs and communicate technical aspects of regulatory compliance.
About our team
Behind the scenes, we're a team of computer scientists, hardware engineers and experienced founders who saw a chance to make a real impact. We're united by the challenge of building beautiful products, designed for real people-and by our commitment to using technology responsibly. We believe keeping data private and secure is core to our safety as individuals, businesses and communities and we put great care into building systems that embody our values as people. Likewise, many of Silicon Valley's top investors believe in us: we're backed by Sequoia Capital, FirstRound, Meritech and Siemens (Next47).
Verkada is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status, and encourage all qualified applicants to apply.