Hardware Compliance Manager
Employment Type: Full-Time
At Verkada, we're rethinking what it means to be physically safe. Today, we build security cameras that detect action, identify danger and help keep people and places safe and secure. Using a combination of software and hardware, we're transforming an industry that has seen little innovation for decades-and we already support thousands of customers. But this is just the beginning. We envision a world in which security systems feel as seamless and modern as the organizations they protect and our enterprise solution becomes a model for not just business security, but public security as well.
As a member of our hardware team, you will have an integral role in shipping Verkada's newest products. Verkada's hardware compliance team will work with our manufacturing partners, external labs, and internal engineering teams to help us grow our global footprint.
* Provide concise and comprehensive compliance guidance to cross-functional teams based on solid and relevant knowledge of product regulatory and certification requirements
* Understand both product specifications and latest regulatory requirements in order to create and maintain detailed regulatory and compliance plans for global market access
* Work with engineers and designers to ensure that critical design elements and considerations are met on products to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements
* Manage the cost, schedule, testing, results, and documentation of regulatory approvals
* Collaborate with external partners and test labs to drive critical compliance deliverables and keep programs on schedule
* 2+ years of experience in a hardware compliance or related role
* Fundamental understanding of regulatory compliance requirements for electronics
* Experience in creating go-to-market regulatory and compliance specifications
* Experience working with engineering teams to influence design parameters to meet regulatory and industry compliance requirements
* Experience working with regulatory test labs
* Experience reviewing test reports, identifying issues, and working with partners and engineers to successfully complete certification
* Experience working in a fast-paced design environment
* Wireless/RF experience is a plus
About our team
Behind the scenes, we're a team of computer scientists, hardware engineers and experienced founders who saw a chance to make a real impact. We're united by the challenge of building beautiful products, designed for real people-and by our commitment to using technology responsibly. We believe keeping data private and secure is core to our safety as individuals, businesses and communities and we put great care into building systems that embody our values as people. Likewise, many of Silicon Valley's top investors believe in us: we're backed by Sequoia Capital, FirstRound, Meritech and Siemens (Next47).
Verkada is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status, and encourage all qualified applicants to apply.