Project Delivery Manager
Employment Type: Full-Time
When you join Verizon
Verizon is a leading provider of technology, communications, information and entertainment products, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We're a diverse network of people driven by our ambition and united in our shared purpose to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward - and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you'll be doing...
The Verizon Technology Product Development (TPD) Product Security team works to incorporate governance and security into the design of technology systems and services while promoting Verizon security standards in the TPD organization. The TPD team is also responsible for the AWS infrastructure, PACT (Product AWS Cloud Technology). PACT is the directional platform for AWS deployments that provides a consistent, repeatable and secure way to drive product creation and innovation for all TPD, VBG and VCG product teams.
The PACT CBO (Cloud Business Office) team is responsible for supporting the PACT AWS platform and the intake, management and support of TPD, VBG and VCG products that will be onboarded. Working with colleagues from the PACT CPE (Cloud Platform Engineering) and the TPD organization, you'll help coordinate complex, large-scale projects to get new applications up and running as well as working with various Verizon consumer and business teams to migrate existing legacy AWS products and services on to the PACT AWS platform.
As the Project DeliveryManager of the PACT CBO, you will be responsible for working with program and project management resources to help create reference point documentation on PACT rules of engagement and process. You will help create well defined simple steps that guide them through the creation, onboarding, and rules of engagement. This includes documentation of workflows, tools and automation on account creation, account management, financial management and budget reconciliation process. This technologist will be responsible for helping to manage the onboarding backlog and prioritization of all new PACT accounts and working as a liaison between the product owners being onboarded into PACT by helping to coordinate all technical and business support with the various PACT technical teams. You will be supporting Sprint and user story grooming for internal PACT projects as well as new products that will be onboarding into PACT. Working with the governance team and program management the candidate will help to establish metrics and reporting requirements, dashboards and the review of operational support tools that will be used in executive leadership review and business transformation efforts.
* Document, build and maintain all PACT business operational processes.
* Document, build and maintain a backlog of PACT capabilities, functions and roadmaps (a product catalog of PACT functions)
* Document, build and maintain PACT Cloud Business Office metrics and reports that will be used for education, management.
* Working on highly complex, large-scale projects to get new applications onto the PACT platform.
* Participating in PACT workshops and collaborating with project managers and platform and application leadership teams to ensure timely delivery.
* Support of major/key projects and initiatives such as but not limited to greenfield, brownfield product onboarding and creation of Public Sector solutions.
* Support weekly stand ups and review/analyze weekly status reports for actionable items.
* Participate in cross-functional team meetings with Cloud Business Office and Cloud Platform Engineering teams to support business partners architecture project alignment.
* Build relationships and synergies across business areas to promote PACT brand awareness, and improve the overall adoption onto the TPD PACT AWS ecosystem.
What we're looking for...
You'll need to have:
* Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience.
* Four or more years of relevant work experience.
* Experience in running Agile development best practices and methodologies.
* Experience in business back office support or customer satisfaction or quality process improvement.
Even better if you have:
* Advanced degree.
* Green belt or black belt (VLSS or equivalent) certification.
* Working knowledge of Atlassian tools, Confluence and JIRA as well as proficient in Google suite tools and presentation software.
* Working experience with efficiency and metrics based results.
* Working knowledge or willingness to learn workflow / diagram tools.
* Experience with migration of large scale systems.
* Engineering or Solution architecture background.
* Knowledge of networking, development or security engineering best practices.
* Working experience of AWS services such as EC2, S3, Lambda, VPC, CloudFormation, Security Groups, AWS Organizations,
* AWS Well Architected Framework knowledge.
* CI/CD tooling experience.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
* Good business communication and time management skills.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best.Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.