O&M Technician II
Employment Type: Full-Time
Summary: Provides day-to-day monitoring and basic plant and pump/booster station operations, lab test and corrective, predictive and preventative maintenance activities.
* Must have a valid California Grade II Wastewater Treatment Certification.
* High school or GED.
* Some vocational training and mechanical aptitude required, with the ability to read, interpret and record data from meters, gauges, scales, panels, computer consoles and other equipment.
* Two to five years' experience in a related position in a similar environment with ability to comprehend complex specifications, blueprints and manuals.
* Must demonstrate proficiency in the care and use of all site specific, facility required PPE (Personal Protection Equipment), including respirators, gas detectors, confined space equipment, etc.)
* Experience using power, pneumatic, hydraulic and hand tools and shop tools such as drill press, band saw, bench grinder, torque wrench.
* Must consistently demonstrate the ability to perform all assigned tasks in an accurate and timely manner.
* Must demonstrate ability to efficiently maintain, install and repair a variety of equipment which may include pumps, engines, generators, valves, gates, mixers, conveyors, blowers, chemical feed, odor control, disinfection equipment, vacuum filters and belt presses.
* Must demonstrate ability to use precision measuring devices and testing equipment and have the ability to perform intermediate level lab tests.
* Knowledge of HOA (Hand - Off - Auto) operational controls and how settings apply to operational control scheme.
* Must have the ability to diagnose mechanical and process problems in multiple unit processes, troubleshoot mechanical, electro-mechanical, hydraulic or pneumatic equipment and take corrective action within policy and procedure limitations.
* Good verbal and written communication skills are necessary.
* Must demonstrate proficiency with computer programs for process control, Computer Maintenance Management System and laboratory / industrial pretreatment QA/QC.
* Must be able to serve rotation 24 hour emergency on-call if required by site.
* Must demonstrate ability to work in a team environment and willingness to assume additional or new responsibilities readily.
* Must possess a valid driver's license (commercial license is desirable) and a safe driving record.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.