Solutions Architect- Databases
Employment Type: Full-Time
Everything's in place for you to win at Veeam - the global leader in Cloud Data Management. We provide trusted back-up solutions that deliver cloud data management and protection, keeping the world moving for over 360,000 customers including the vast majority of Fortune 500 companies. We're extremely successful: a billion-dollar company and Leader in the Gartner Magic Quadrant that's won over 170 top industry awards. But we're always looking forward. Everyone here plays a part in finding new opportunities and winning new deals, and you'll be backed by a best-in-service product and an unrivalled reputation for delivering customer satisfaction - our net promoter score is 3.5x the industry average.
Ultimately though, we grow together, so we'll support you fully to be successful in your role. We'll invest in you through our on-demand learning systems. Mentoring, training and coaching will help you to find your feet, take big challenges in your stride and perform at your best. There are acceleration programmes that could propel you further forward than you imagined. And whether it's learning additional skills, gaining a new experience or taking the next step in your career, there will be lots of scope for development.
All this in a place where people talk from the heart. We have a culture of focus and excellence. We encourage innovation and iteration. And since our achievements are tangible, we can keep it real and be genuine with each other. We're inclusive, diverse, open and honest people who collaborate, support each other and have fun together. And we're nimble enough for people to speak up. We play to win; we're competitive, hungry and driven, but we remain humble. If that's you, get ready to do Veeamazing things.
* Proven and consistent experience in an engineering, solution architecture, or equivalent role
* Must have experience with the implementation and operation of Oracle/SAP/SAP HANA/Microsoft SQL based workloads including cluster and replication scenarios
* Must have experience with protecting database (Oracle, SAP HANA, Microsoft SQL, etc) workloads
* Demonstrated experience working with cloud and virtualization infrastructure technologies directly
* Relevant industry certifications highly desired
* Technical expertise with virtualization including implementation of database based workloads on it highly benefitical
* Experience or knowledge of one or more of the public hyperscale cloud providers (e.g. AWS, Azure, Google)
* Previous pre-sales or other experience interacting with technology partners or strategic customers
* Deep level understanding of Databases and their backends
* Deployment of software solutions into complex environments
* Hands on knowledge of data protection & disaster recovery technologies
* Industry relevant professional certifications is desirable
* Technical architecture knowledge of virtualization and related storage technologies
The Solutions Architect advises customers, partners and channel partners how to build and implement strategic solutions on a complex scale. Additionally, the Solutions Architect acts as a conduit between the field systems engineering team and Veeam cross-functional product groups. This senior technical role is heavily involved in database/ERP backup, application virtualization, storage, and multi-cloud infrastructures. The position has a focus on designing disaster recovery solutions, including data protection and monitoring using Veeam products. The Solutions Architect also serves as an escalation point for partner solutions as well as the Pre-Sales Organization.
The Solutions Architect - Databases position will be responsible for understanding the unique application challenges of the largest organizations and be able to position and successfully architect appropriate Veeam solutions in these complex / demanding environments. The person seeking this job needs to be self-driven. This is a senior level position within the systems engineering group with expectations that given the framework of responsibility, the architect will be able to drive demand for their inclusion in sales opportunities as well as widespread integration into cross functional groups (Product Management, Alliances, Channel, etc) at Veeam.
* Perform work as both an SME around protecting databases, enterprise and commercial ERP applications etc. and also function as a general Veeam Solution Architect. This involves helping to size and design large scale or complex environments as an overlay to the systems engineering organizations
* Serve as advanced expert across field engineering including deep knowledge of Veeam products and strategy. Formulate Veeam strategies to integrate product into complex customer / partner environments.
* Present deep technical subject matters to a wide range of audience types.
* Work with GEO technical leadership to train field resources on approved architectures of both new and existing products.
* Work with product and alliance management for any customer and/or partner specific feature enhancements to Veeam products.
* Funnel customer and partner product enhancement requests to product management.
* Work closely with cross-functional product groups to communicate feedback from the field.
* Serve as the ultimate technical escalation point for field systems engineering for databases.
* Enable the global field (primarily field SAs and SEs) by providing on-going consultation, knowledge transfer, and best practices.
* Author reference architecture and artifacts, whitepapers and blog posts
* Up to 70% travel.