Product Quality Engineering Intern
Employment Type: Full-Time
Together, we can beat cancer.
At Varian, we bring together the worlds' best talent to realize our vision of a world without fear of cancer. Together, we work passionately to develop and deliver easy-to-use, efficient oncology solutions. If you want to be part of this important mission, we want to hear from you.
The Product Quality Engineering Intern will focus on Quality Assurance and Quality Control related process and product improvement projects to aid the Engineering Teams in driving tangible gains related to production capacity as well as product flow, compliance and yield.
Projects would be specific to one or more of the tactical and/or strategic areas within the Quality Assurance organization and may include the following:
* Assisting in the implementation and maintenance of quality assurance and quality control protocols, standard operating procedures and methods for inspecting and processing materials into partially finished or finished products
* Providing engineering support and contributing to the identification of appropriate methods and procedures for inspecting, testing and evaluating the precision and accuracy of production processes, production equipment and finished products
* Assisting engineering in evaluating and defining requirements for automated manufacturing and testing integrated systems and processes
* Participating in investigations, corrective action planning, implementation activities and interfacing with all cross functional departments to increase product quality
* Performing data analysis using appropriate statistical tools and techniques to identify negative trends and recommending updates or changes to procedures when necessary
* Assisting engineering during New Product Introduction/Design Transfer activities in characterizing manufacturing processes for parts/components in development to ensure smooth transition from Research & Development to manufacturing, including participation in the development of equipment and process validation requirements (Failure Modes and Effects Analysis, Installation Qualification, Operational Qualification, Performance Qualification)
* May be involved in/lead activities related to the implementation and effectiveness of the equipment calibration program, such as: authoring, revising and maintaining equipment related procedures, work instructions and forms; creating, modifying and maintaining equipment calibration requirements; assisting cross-functional engineering groups in investigating equipment non-conformances and out of tolerance results; leading and/or contributing to system and process improvement projects; etc.
Fighting cancer calls for big ideas.
We envision a world without fear of cancer. Achieving this vision takes dedication and commitment from all of us, every single day. That's why we celebrate and value the distinctly beautiful and intersectional identities of each of our employees. We are a mirror of our patient-base, which allows us to innovate. Big ideas come from everywhere, and the best ideas are fostered by our unique individual experiences. At Varian, we encourage you to bring your whole self to work and believe your bold and authentic perspective will help to power more victories over cancer.