Employment Type: Full-Time
Working at USfalcon is about providing exceptional professional services to the DoD and various Federal Agencies. We have been excelling in diverse platforms for almost 30 years and continue to be an industry leader. If you thrive in an organization that values integrity, commitment, stewardship, and service, we want to meet you.
We have an exciting opportunity to join us in supporting one of our valued customers as an Engineering Technician to work out of Camp Pendleton in San Diego, CA. The Engineering Technician V is considered a Senior Journeyman as described in the following functional description: This is a DoD designated Emergency Essential (EE) position responsible for providing Engineering Technical Services (ETS) at an assigned Permanent Duty Station (PDS). Frequent travel to and from temporary duty stations with the U.S. Navy fleet and at U.S. military shore activities anywhere in the world, including combat zones is a critical function of this position.
This position is contingent upon award of contract.
* Responsible for providing technical advice and assistance on the acceptance, installation, operation, repair, and/or maintenance of the assigned weapons systems and associated support equipment.
* Functions as a senior technical expert on assigned systems.
* Provides both formal and on-the-job training for personnel engaged in the operation, maintenance, and/or installation of these systems.
* Discusses problems encountered and explains corrective action.
* Monitors operation, maintenance, and installation techniques and procedures, providing timely advice, assistance, and instruction.
* Demonstrates operation and/or maintenance procedures as necessary. From observation and written reports determine the need for formal training for system operators and maintainers if other sources of training are not available. Selects topics, prepares lesson plans, designs training aids, and conducts formal classes.
* Evaluates operation, maintenance, and installation technical manuals, handbooks, special procedures, other data sources in terms of adequacy, completeness, and applicability, and provides recommendations for correcting discovered discrepancies.
* Drafts work-around procedures, as appropriate, to maintain system readiness while formal recommendations are under consideration by the appropriate technical authority (Fleet Support Team, or Integrated Product Team). Where no formal technical documentation exists on systems being tested and maintained, the incumbent drafts applicable procedures as inputs to formal published technical manuals.
* Prepares technical reports on subjects of interest or concern to other fleet activities, commands, and higher-echelon personnel. Reports include such topics as equipment design deficiencies, erroneous or inadequate maintenance procedures, existing or potential hazardous operating and/or maintenance conditions, safety-of-flight issues, system inter-operability problems, and a myriad of reliability, maintainability, and supportability issues.
* Recommends specific solutions to all of the aforementioned problems reported, including practical design modifications, equipment transportation and/or storage issues, and any and all logistics-related problems observed during system installation, operation, maintenance, or testing.
* Reviews technical reports prepared by contractors. Conducts technical investigations. Prepares or assists in the preparation of Technical Publication Deficiency Reports (TPDR), Quality Deficiency Reports (QDR), and applicable technical documentation relating to Engineering Investigations (EI).
* Engages in the actual repair of systems, as necessary, demonstrating the use of special tools and fixtures, maintenance techniques, and repair procedures. Provides instruction in the proper use of maintenance manuals, technical data packages, and other technical documentation.
* Additional duties as assigned
* At least 5 years of practical (hands-on) experience within the past 7 years. Experience should be in direct support of the systems and/or equipment defined in the position. 2 years of this experience must have been at or above the military E5 level or the non-military equivalent. Non-military equivalent experience level is at or above senior journeyman level, Senior Electronics or Engineering Technician level, etc.
* The position requires a well-rounded formal education in the theory and application of electronics, mechanics, electricity, or aviation engineering to demonstrate the ability to apply advanced theory to existing equipment and integrated systems. Additionally, possession of a good working knowledge of technical disciplines other than his/her specialty (such as higher mathematics, engineering principles, and the physical sciences) is ideal.
* Possession of superior oral and written communications skills and the ability to achieve desired outcomes without direct supervision is imperative in order to successfully perform the duties of this position. The incumbent must be able to work on technical projects without supervision.
* Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (e.g., Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Access, and Outlook)
* High School Diploma or GED and Technical Training in a Relevant Technical Field. Optional sources include Navy 'A' and/or 'C' schools or service equivalent schools; accredited vocational education institutions; and OEM/factory technical training programs related to the system(s)/equipment being supported.
Clearance: Clearable (Ability to Obtain a Clearance)
Travel: None required