Employment Type: Full-Time
U.S. Concrete/Right Away Redy Mix
Ready Mix Concrete Truck Delivery Professional
Responsible for the load and delivery of ready mix concrete and other associated products to construction job sites in a safe and efficient manner.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
* Prepares truck for operation by inspecting general conditions; checking fluid levels and tire pressure; obtaining or scheduling required repairs; validating adherence to road-ability standards on accordance with DOT regulations.
* Loads truck with ready mix concrete according to prescribed procedures, including charging hopper and checking slump.
* Safely drives truck in and out of areas with heavy pedestrian traffic and various construction obstacles.
* Delivers items identifying destinations; establishing route; operating truck; maintaining schedule.
* Discharge concrete, involving removing extension chutes, placing on main chute.
* Wash residue from truck using washout system.
* Maintains truck operating efficiency by completing preventive maintenance requirements.
* Maintains safe operation and clean appearance by complying with organization operational policies, procedures and standards, as well as state and local driving rules and regulations; cleans truck exterior and interior.
* Completes driving logs in accordance with DOT regulations; obtains receipts acknowledgements; and completes other forms as required.
Job Requirements and Qualifications
* Must be 21 years of age due to anticipated interstate routing.
* Minimum of one year directly related experience required.
* High school diploma or GED preferred.
* Valid Class A CDL and appropriate state driver license and tanker Class B license a must.
* No restrictions on operating a manual transmission; Endorsement E on CDL.
* No more than 3 moving violations in the past three years, with no alcohol or drug related offenses, such as a DUI or DWI. Less than 2 points on record.
* Must pass a drug and alcohol pre test and random testing.