Credit Risk Reporting Analyst - Multiple Locations
Employment Type: Full-Time
At U.S. Bank, we're passionate about helping customers and the communities where we live and work. The fifth-largest bank in the United States, we're one of the country's most respected, innovative and successful financial institutions. U.S. Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status, among other factors.
Credit Risk Management (CRM) provides independent oversight of enterprise credit risk, risk governance, and control. CRM is also responsible for establishing credit risk management, strategy, policies and practices. CRM's primary objective is to support a comprehensive and proactive approach to risk management that promotes a strong risk management culture. CRM works with the business line and other corporate oversight groups to establish policies, standards, and limits that align with U.S. Bancorp's risk appetite, and monitors and reports on existing and emerging risks and compliance with U.S. Bank's risk appetite.
* Manage policies and procedures used to evaluate and control credit risk
* Monitor and test compliance with risk appetite and policies
* Conduct in-depth research and analyze portfolios to identify emerging risks or trends
* Provide oversight and independent challenge to the business line through review, inquiry and discussion
* Work with business lines to mitigate or remediate identified risks
* Aggregate and analyze internal and industry data to provide information regarding portfolio performance relative to the industry and develop recommendations for managing risk
* Proactively identify reporting gaps and process improvement opportunities to support the groups strong risk management culture
* Manage multiple projects and analyses and ensure deadlines are met.
* Works with corporate Technical Operations Systems (TOS) group to ensure risk related IT projects are completed satisfactorily. Participates in cross-functional and TOS projects, working with business line peers and support project managers
* Bachelor's degree, or equivalent work experience
* Seven to ten years of applicable experience
* Considerable knowledge of credit risk and financial analysis,
* Intermediate to advanced skills with SAS, PowerBI, Tableau and/or other data analysis tools
* Intermediate knowledge of Salesforce and/or nCino
* Considerable knowledge of applicable laws, regulations, financial services, and regulatory trends that impact their assigned line of business
* Considerable understanding of the business line's operations, products/services, systems, and associated risks/controls
* Considerable knowledge of Risk/Compliance/Audit competencies
* Strong process facilitation, project management, and analytical skills
* Must possess business acumen and credibility to help business line(s) proactively identify and address changing workforce needs
* Excellent presentation, interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
* Proficient computer navigation skills using a variety of software packages, including Microsoft Office applications and word processing, spreadsheets, databases, and presentations
* Applicable professional certifications preferred
Take care of yourself and your family with U.S. Bank employee benefits. We know that healthy employees are happy employees, and we believe that work/life balance should be easy to achieve. That's why we share the cost of benefits and offer a variety of programs, resources and support you need to bring your full self to work and stay present and committed to the people who matter most - your family.
Learn all about U.S. Bank employee benefits, including tuition reimbursement, retirement plans and more, by visiting usbank.com/careers.
EEO is the Law
Applicants can learn more about the company's status as an equal opportunity employer by viewing the federal EEO is the Law poster.
U.S. Bank participates in the U.S. Department of Homeland Security E-Verify program in all facilities located in the United States and certain U.S. territories. The E-Verify program is an Internet-based employment eligibility verification system operated by the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services. Learn more about the E-Verify program.