Authentication Product Lead
Employment Type: Full-Time
At U.S. Bank, we're passionate about helping customers and the communities where we live and work. The fifth-largest bank in the United States, we're one of the country's most respected, innovative and successful financial institutions. U.S. Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status, among other factors.
As part of the Enterprise Platform, Identity and Authentication Team, this person will lead a group of Product Owners in the development of new cross channel and step up Authentication capabilities, ensuring that U.S. Bank delivers best-in-class 'One U.S. Bank' digital experiences to customers and employees in a reusable, scalable, and cost-effective way. Responsible for the full life cycle management of current and future Step Up Authentication capabilities and journeys across the enterprise, for all of our customer types and for our employees.
As an authentication product lead, you will partner with business line, user experience, and technical counterparts to create authentication experiences that meet core business objectives. This role will lead development and management of scalable and reusable authentication capabilities, informed by market research, benchmarking, and relevant technology trends. In this role, you will form strategic business partnerships across the bank, translate product vision into an executable roadmap, and lead one or more agile teams in executing the roadmap to deliver best-in-class authentication experiences.
* Provide an overall vision for how employees and customers authenticate - now and in the future - to enable superior omnichannel banking experiences.
* Develop with leadership team an enterprise-wide authentication strategy including a view of the Target State with input from channel, LOB and Technology executives and socializing to gain executive buy-in on strategy.
* Evaluate current bank cross channel and step up authentication capabilities, make recommendations for enterprise platform components and assemble the team that will build the widgets to deliver the end to end experience.
* Lead cross-channel customer experience definition, capabilities delivery, and innovation in this space
* Partner with TOS development and business architecture SMEs to assess our current capabilities, business architecture and go-forward strategic architecture for identity management.
* Manage a team of digital product managers who will partner with capability managers, delivery managers, architects, designers, scrum masters, business lines and other product managers to evangelize the best solutions and facilitate execution across the enterprise.
* Identifying business outcomes and OKR's for authentication; the capability priorities that support them; secure funding, manage the backlog and build the reporting and analytics to measure success
* Hands-on leader who excels at data analysis and customer research to drive discovery and ensure the right problems are identified along with the most fitting solutions.
* Work collaboratively across businesses / functional areas to define, sequence, and execute the enterprise roadmap for new authenticators.
* Establish governance model in partnership with other strategy and data partners
Advocates and embodies customer obsession.
* Presents persuasively and authoritatively to peers and senior leadership, while facilitating collaborative conversation.
* Directs people and work efforts across several, simultaneous projects to meet business goals.
Creates value in the Product Management function by:
* Synthesizing each project's business goals to set specific, measurable objectives
* Managing ongoing measurement and reporting of these commitments
* Consistently delivering work that meets or exceeds commitments
* Reporting regularly on performance to senior leadership
* Managing the 'brand' of the broader Enterprise Authentication Platform team and promoting a customer-obsessed culture within the Bank, making the team a source of expertise others seek and want to join
* Create enterprise product roadmaps aligned with partner business objectives
* Take products from initial concept through user research, co-creation, and rapid prototyping
* Partner with Agile practice leads to evolve how Agile and Lean management are applied at the Bank
* Demonstrate thought leadership by integrating analytics, business model, and design thinking to drive innovative new experiences for customers that have a positive impact on business results
* Motivates and engages team members to achieve peak performance and high job satisfaction
* Bachelor's degree, or equivalent work experience
* 10 or more years of product management experience
* Four or more years of managerial experience
* Strong product management, design and development skills
* Excellent management, leadership and interpersonal skills
* Strong change management skills focus on leading transformational change
* Experience in, or exposure to, authentication and information security concepts, UX constructs, and technology
* Exposure to or direct experience with enterprise IT environments and software development
* Marketing and market research skills and experience
* Well-developed verbal and written communication skills
Take care of yourself and your family with U.S. Bank employee benefits. We know that healthy employees are happy employees, and we believe that work/life balance should be easy to achieve. That's why we share the cost of benefits and offer a variety of programs, resources and support you need to bring your full self to work and stay present and committed to the people who matter most - your family.
Learn all about U.S. Bank employee benefits, including tuition reimbursement, retirement plans and more, by visiting usbank.com/careers.
EEO is the Law
Applicants can learn more about the company's status as an equal opportunity employer by viewing the federal EEO is the Law poster.
U.S. Bank participates in the U.S. Department of Homeland Security E-Verify program in all facilities located in the United States and certain U.S. territories. The E-Verify program is an Internet-based employment eligibility verification system operated by the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services. Learn more about the E-Verify program.