Senior Medical Science Liaison - Urology - Field Based, West Coast or TX/Gulf Coast
Employment Type: Full-Time
Improving quality-of-life through innovations in urology.
Urovant Sciences, Inc. is a biopharmaceutical company focused on developing and commercializing innovative therapies for urologic conditions and improving the way providers and their patients confront urologic diseases that are difficult to treat.
Every employee at Urovant plays an integral role to our success. We are ambitious in our approach to improving outcomes for the patients and healthcare providers we serve. Our fast-paced environment rewards strategic decision-making and collaboration, giving team members opportunities to grow beyond their expertise.
Urovant's lead product, GEMTESA® (vibegron), is an oral, once-daily (75 mg) small molecule beta-3 agonist approved by the U.S. FDA in December 2020 for the treatment of adult patients with overactive bladder (OAB) with symptoms of urge urinary incontinence, urgency and urinary frequency. GEMTESA® is also being evaluated for the treatment of OAB in men with benign prostatic hyperplasia (OAB+BPH).
Urovant's second product candidate, URO-902, is a novel gene therapy being developed for patients with OAB who have failed oral pharmacologic therapy.
This role can be based on the West Coast, or in TX/Gulf Coast - TN, AL or LA
The Senior Medical Science Liaison (Senior MSL) is primarily responsible for external engagement, developing and maintaining professional relationships with external Healthcare Professionals (HCPs) and, in addition, internal stakeholders. The Senior MSL provides comprehensive medical, clinical, and scientific support for Urovant Sciences' products, support of Managed Markets (Market Access and Payors), and support of HCPs in Long-Term Care.
The Senior MSL holds responsibility to manage their prescribed territory duties and related functions. The Senior MSL reports to the Senior Director, Medical Science Liaisons and is responsible for achieving regional medical education and scientific support goals within an assigned geography. The Senior MSL assists the Senior Director, Medical Science Liaisons to meet or exceed Medical Affairs field-based medical education objectives. This role is responsible for managing medical, clinical, and scientific efforts around assigned priority Key Opinion Leaders (KOLs), HCPs and other external stakeholders.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
* Develops and maintains professional relationships with KOLs, healthcare providers (HCPs) and key staff at academic centers and other medical facilities to ensure access to current medical, clinical, and scientific information on assigned Urovant Sciences' product uses and areas of therapeutic interest
* Provides data presentations to key Payor accounts and long-term care
* Conducts round table and advisory board session to gather insights into relevant medical, clinical, and scientific topics, and communicates these insights back to Urovant Sciences
* Supports clinical development activities
* Addresses unsolicited requests for information; presents medical, clinical, and scientific data on Urovant Sciences' products to KOLs, HCPs, consultant pharmacists, and others
* Participates in medical congresses and internal cross-functional meetings/collaborations
Education and Experience
* Doctorate Health or Biologics Science degree required; MD, PhD, PharmD, DO or equivalent and appropriate advanced level degree
* At least 5 years of experience in field Medical Affairs as an MSL or associated/related activities
Essential Skills and Abilities
* Strong scientific acumen and ability to translate the science for presentation to various audiences
* Capability to work within cross functional teams
* Good organizational skills
* Good communication skills, both verbally and in writing
* Above average presentation skills, including presentations to management and external audiences and experts
* Ability to identify opportunities and communicate ideas
* Ability to work across locations and time zones
* Ability to work on several projects and assignments at the same time meeting assigned timelines
* Ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines
* Ability to problem solve and work independently toward assigned individual and team goals
* Thorough understanding of ICH Good Clinical Practices, Clinical Safety Data Management, clinical trials management (including protocol design, data management, site monitoring, statistical reporting, report writing), regulatory compliance and auditing including broad application of knowledge in different therapeutic areas
* A commitment to collaborative leadership, management, teamwork, delegation, and the maintenance of a professional culture based on trust and mutual respect
* The Senior MSL should be able to travel for at least 50% of time, and at times, greater than 50% time, depending on business needs