Terrain Decor Customer Associate
Employment Type: Full-Time
We are inspired by the idea of merging house and garden to create an immersive natural experience and an environment where our customers can come to unwind, explore, and celebrate occasions big and small. From diverse native plants, hand-picked planters and all-weather furniture to seasonal décor, outdoor lighting and gifts for every occasion, terrain blurs the line between life lived outside and in.
To that end, and because it happens to be what we love ourselves, our home stores are situated in beautiful indoor-outdoor environments that feature an onsite nursery, green styling services, garden cafe, and private event space. Or, find our capsule shops at select Anthropologie & Co. locations around the country for a curated assortment of natural décor, living gifts, and planted arrangements.
A Décor Customer Sales Associate contributes to driving sales by naturally engaging the customer on common interests in home décor & gardening.
They uphold terrain's four promises: to welcome, to inspire, to inform and to appreciate our customer.
* Customer Connection: exceeds customer expectations by building genuine, long lasting relationships through personalized attention; actively shares details to promote terrain's unique events
* Inspiration: shares product knowledge, new arrivals, and current trends to inform the customer and inspire their indoor and outdoor spaces
* Store Technology: delivers a seamless shopping experience through understanding and utilization of systems and applications for an efficient customer interaction
TEAMWORK + COMMUNICATION
* Positivity: contributes to the store by being positive, respectful, and helpful to others
* Share Knowledge: actively communicates while participating in daily meetings and projects; exhibits strong understanding of home & garden style that is reflective of the terrain brand
* Contribute: takes initiative and works productively with the team to achieve common, collaborative goals
VISUAL + BUSINESS OPERATIONS
* Store Environment: upholds visual and operational standards while keeping the focus on the customer; supports team members across departments to create and maintain inspirational displays
* Support Product Flow: assists leadership team in receiving and placing new product
* Awareness: adheres to store's safety standards, inventory accuracy, reduction of product loss, and upholds all company policy and procedures to support the profitability of the store
In-stores and online employee discount at all URBN Inc. brands
401K retirement plan
Commuter spending account
pre-tax benefit + transportation discounts
Health & wellness discounts
Employee referral bonus program
Builds relationships naturally, embraces individuality, and diversity
Strong communication and teamwork
Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, rapidly evolving environment
Experience in customer service
Basic knowledge of home décor trends & gardening
Ability to work flexible hours to meet the needs of the store including nights, weekends, and holidays
Peer Customer Associates
Store Leadership Team
Store Leadership Team
Typical Career Progression
Terrain or other URBN leadership positions
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Urban Outfitters, Inc. celebrates diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We are proud to provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We believe strongly in fostering a safe, fair and respectful work environment. To ensure compliance with our non-discrimination and anti-harassment policies, we offer anti-harassment training to managers and employees.