Group Product Manager - Personal Loans
Employment Type: Full-Time
Upstart is a leading AI lending platform partnering with banks to expand access to affordable credit. As we transitioned to being a public company, we're now poised to leverage our domain expertise and revolutionize every aspect of lending and credit risk evaluation. We've recently expanded our offerings to include automobile refinancing and we plan to take on more verticals as the business grows.
By leveraging Upstart's AI platform, Upstart-powered banks can have higher approval rates and lower loss rates, while simultaneously delivering the exceptional digital-first lending experience their customers demand. Upstart's patent-pending platform is the first to receive a no-action letter from the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau related to fair lending. Upstart is based in San Mateo, California and Columbus, Ohio.
Most Upstarters join us because they connect with our mission of enabling access to effortless credit based on true risk. If you are energized by the impact you can make at Upstart, we'd love to hear from you!
Upstart is looking for a Group Product Manager - Personal Loans to help us achieve our mission of enabling effortless credit based on true risk. As a Group PM, you will lead a product pillar, guiding products from conception to launch across engineering, machine learning, and product management. You will design and develop systems that improve the accuracy and speed of our experimentation, maximize LTV, and ensure that customers are sufficiently delighted to refer others. You will play an important part in imagining and bringing to life our next moonshots.
One of the reasons Upstart has experienced such rapid growth is because of the clear-eyed, analytical approach we take to product enhancements. The right candidate for this role should be highly capable, able to organize both ideas and people, and excel at problem solving of many kinds. You should have a bias toward action and be able to break down complex problems into steps that drive rapid product development. You will bridge the technical and business worlds as you first design services that our customers love and then engage stakeholders to make them a reality. By clearly defining requirements and removing blockers, you will act as a multiplier on the productivity of your team.
How you'll make an impact:
* Create experimentation processes that improve conversion within the personal loan funnel with a flywheel of growth, creating predictable and sustained wins over time
* Create business cases for the next target segments of the Personal Loans market we should pursue; launch and scale these efforts, staffing and managing as needed
* Make smart trade-offs to inform the roadmap of the engineering team you lead, prioritizing the features with the highest ROI
* Passionately advocate for a customer experience that leads to extreme customer loyalty
* Collaborate with machine learning and marketing to balance long- and short-term customer value
* Demonstrate and encourage best practices both through management of direct reports as well as mentoring other PMs throughout the company
What we're looking for:
* BA/BS in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics, a related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
* 5-7 years of product management experience at a growth-stage company.
* Demonstrated ability to excel in formal product leadership responsibilities.
* Demonstrated ability to achieve strategic goals in an innovative and fast-paced environment, and to evolve product strategy based on research, data and industry trends; excellent problem-solving, organizational and analytical skills.
* Passion and aptitude for credit and financing-related economic concepts.
* Experience creating compounding growth loops for a consumer product.
* Experience managing a high velocity, high output experimental program for a consumer product.
* Experience researching, launching, and scaling products to new consumer markets.
* Experience with a product that relies on machine-learning.
* Experience building online finance products, and/or knowledge of the consumer finance market.
What you'll love:
* Competitive compensation (base + bonus & equity)
* Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
* Personal development and technology & ergonomic budgets
* Life insurance and disability benefits
* Clubs and activities (Game Nights, Fitstarters, Superwomen, Book Club, Investing Club, Money Discussions, Photography Club and Basketball teams)
* Generous vacation policy
Upstart is a proud Equal Opportunity Employer. We are dedicated to ensuring that underrepresented classes receive better access to affordable credit, and are just as committed to embracing diversity and inclusion in our hiring practices. We celebrate all cultures, backgrounds, perspectives, and experiences, and know that we can only become better together.