Associate, Capital Markets
Employment Type: Full-Time
Upgrade is a fintech unicorn founded in 2017. In the last four years, over 15 million people have applied for an Upgrade card or loan, and we have delivered over $7 billion in affordable and responsible credit. Our innovative Upgrade Card combines the flexibility of a credit card with the low cost of an installment loan. Our latest offering, Rewards Checking, gives customers access to no-fee checking accounts with 2% cash back rewards on common everyday spending. Learn more about the team.
Upgrade has been named a 'Best Place to Work in the Bay Area' by the San Francisco Business Times and Silicon Valley Business Journal 3 years in a row, and received 'Best Company for Women' and 'Best Company for Diversity' awards from Comparably. Upgrade has been included in the 2021 Inc. 5000 list of the fastest-growing private companies in America.
We are looking for new team members who get excited about designing and implementing new and better products to join a team of 750 talented and passionate professionals. Come join us if you like to tackle big problems and make a meaningful difference in people's lives.
We are looking for an Associate, Capital Markets for our Investor team to be based in our San Francisco office. The Associate, Capital Markets will be responsible for maintaining relationships with institutional investors, warehouse financing providers, investment banks, trustees and data providers (as we continue to grow our capital markets access).
* Analyze various structured finance options (including warehouse facilities, securitizations, forward flow whole loan sales etc.) to determine optimal strategy based on internal goals and objectives
* Develop and maintain relationships with institutional investors
* Negotiate agreements related to structured finance transactions
* Work with internal teams to develop best-in-class investor experience and document investor operations procedures
* Work with product managers and engineers to ensure integrity of investor data reports
* Manage the on-boarding of warehouse facilities and securitizations including operational setup and documentation review.
* 5+ years of capital markets experience at a financial technology firm or investment bank
* Background in Asset Backed Securities (ABS) is a plus
* Superior written and verbal communication skills
* Good judgment and excellent interpersonal skills
* Highly organized, detail-oriented and a strong client service orientation
* Ability to operate in a fast-paced environment and recognize and focus on critical issues
Benefits / Perks:
* Great OPEN office location!
* Conveniently located in San Francisco Financial District
* Close to BART and Public Transportation
* Comprehensive benefits package: Medical, dental, & vision
* Unlimited vacation policy
* Kitchen stocked with beverages, snacks & treats
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
California Employee Privacy Notice
Effective Date: 1/1/2020
Notice to Applicants for Employment, Employees, and Contractors:
This California Employee Privacy Notice is intended to provide California consumers who are employed or apply for employment or a contractor position with Upgrade information about the categories of personal information Upgrade collects and how the company uses this information. For any questions about this notice, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
* Personal Information Upgrade Collects:
Identifying information: including name, address, email, telephone number, social security number, driver license number, passport number, and other personal identifying information. Information you provide as a part of a job application or from a background check performed after a job offered is extended, including employment, education, credit, and criminal history. Data on work productivity and performance, including hours worked, electronic network activity, and tasks performed.
* Purposes for Collecting Personal Information:
To consider applications for employment. To complete payments, including payroll, expense reimbursement, other compensation-related payments, and the administration of stock options. To administer benefits, including medical, dental, vision, commuter, and retirement benefits. To provide human resources services and conduct performance evaluations. To monitor work eligibility including work-related licenses, credentials, training, and eligibility to work in the United States. To ensure a safe and efficient working environment. To comply with applicable legal or regulatory requirements including state and federal company reporting obligations.