QA Manager, Software Engineering
Employment Type: Full-Time
We are looking for an experienced QA Manager to join our QA management team in the VP Quality organization. You will be part of the DOTS group, which is responsible for shipping DOTS enabled build, which are used by our partners and customers. This position ideally will be based in Burbank, California where the team is located. We are a global and distributed company, so you will also collaborate with teams across our other U.S. and worldwide studios.
At Unity, we're looking for people to join us to improve not just what we develop, but how we develop. We're scaling our efforts to increase development effectiveness, ensuring that every second of development time is spent on the things that matter. Our mission includes partnering with our internal development efforts to enable increased velocity and enhanced productivity as we grow globally. We develop tools to capture, analyse, and present performance data for the Unity Editor, it's Packages, and Projects built with Unity. If you like working on many kinds of projects, from command line tools, frontend and backend web applications, to Big Data, then look no further!
You will be key to ensure the integration of DOTS into mainline Unity is as efficient as possible.
* Work closely with external teams to understand the challenges they face with the new DOTS features and create solutions for them
* Create and improve processes inside the DOTS teams
* Work with release managers to improve and define release criteria and reporting
* Be part of the Quality management team
* Support the team in advancing the state-of-the-art of machine learning to improve our core product offerings
* Own and track budgets for your group
* Experience shipping large, complicated products
* Experience in building performant, large scale distributed systems
* Relevant experience within the software industry
* Excellent communication skills
* Coding background
* Industry thought leader (conference speaker, author)
* Implemented automation on large products
* Data science background