Regional Client Manager, Optum Health Employer Public Sector - Telecommute
Compensation: $66,000.00 - $117,670.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that’s improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn’t about another gadget, it’s about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliable. There’s no room for error. Join us and start doing your life’s best work. (sm)
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from the West Coast as you take on some tough challenges.
- Accountable to ensure delivery of OptumHealth solutions and effective product and service expansion to increase revenue potential for assigned region across OptumHealth direct Employer and public sector clients
- Identify, support and coordinate upsell opportunities with existing OptumHealth direct Employer / Public Sector clients spanning OptumHealth capabilities for assigned region
- Accountable for retention and upsell growth with existing direct clients for assigned region to support and / or facilitate the OptumHealth sales process throughout the entire sales life cycle, acting as liaison with internal and external parties as required / requested, negotiating and influencing achievement of goals
- Coordinate and influence superior service to clients by establishing collaborative relationships with intercompany and internal stakeholders across a highly matrixed environment
- Monitor client satisfaction and manage key deliverables to enhance client engagement and loyalty for assigned region
- Establish and maintain strong and appropriate level working relationships with clients, consultants, channel partners and constituents
- Monitor and enhance performance of OptumHealth solutions for clients to ensure return on investment, mutual growth / success and to monitor client financial performance including renewal planning, negotiation and profitability levels
- Build knowledge of OptumHealth capabilities and maintain high level of healthcare industry knowledge, including the client’s industry dynamics, to advise on client’s needs
- Ability to work independently as a strong team player with minimal supervision in a high paced, high intensity environment
- Communicate and present effectively at multiple audiences and levels (listening, written and verbal communication)
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.Job Requirements:Required Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree
- 8+ years of sales or account management experience
- 5+ years of proven experience and expertise in the health insurance, health care, or related industry
- Previous sales & account management work experience working with National Employer Accounts and / or public sector, municipality and / or union clients
- Strong working knowledge of National account employers and -or of public sector, labor and union based protocols
- Successful track record of managing client relationships and upselling OptumHealth or related capabilities in the Employer market
- Ability to effectively lead or directly contribute to the sales process and work cooperatively with extended client team to achieve sales goals
- Advanced consultative selling skills with the ability to successfully construct solutions that achieve client objectives
- Experience to effectively message, position and present information for client impact and influence
- Experience in negotiation, influencing, collaboration, and listening skills
- Ability to travel up to 25-50% of time
- Sales insurance license must be maintained as required by state law
- If you need to enter a work site for any reason, you will be required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or a similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener. Employees must comply with any state and local masking orders. In addition, when in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are expected to wear a mask in areas where physical distancing cannot be attained
- Masters or advanced degree (ex. MBA, MHA)
- Established relationships with external brokers / consultants, channel partners and / or public sector and labor influencers
- Direct experience achieving minimum of $4M total contract value sales annually for employer clients, across OptumHealth or related health service capabilities
- Proven ability to operate and effectively navigate in a highly complex, matrix environment with a high level of collaboration
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite and CRM (ex. Salesforce)
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: client executive, public sector, labor, sales, account manage, wellness, behavioral health, care management, population health
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.