Report Analyst - Telecommute in CA
Employment Type: Full-Time
As a Report Analyst, you will be responsible for designing/developing, programming, maintaining and publishing operational. Provide operational analysis utilized for decision making. May make recommendations based on the analysis, and provide explanations for reporting results as needed. May be done for internal operational purposes as well as for customers.
You must be self-directed and creative as you will deal with some very interesting and complex issues. As a key resource to others you must maintain a high degree of accuracy along with attention to detail, excellent oral and written communication skills, strong interpersonal skills and the ability to prioritize and organize own work to always meet deadlines.
You'll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from within the state of California as you take on some tough challenges.
* Implement new clients and maintain/update existing clients as needed in order to meet business requirements and process
* Create, support, and provide the Monthly Management Report, scheduled and ad-hoc reports by providing claims analysis/impact of benefit design, plan / network performance for internal operational purposes as well as for customers
* Identify, create, implement process and report improvements and efficiencies. Create and/or maintain business documentation / process flow, including work instructions, job aids, reference materials
* Define and/or ensure that report parameters are established consistent with data governance requirements (e.g., share minimally necessary data)
* Create and support of custom databases for trend monitoring and setting
* Test and verify the accuracy of incoming or received data and/or coding prior to generating automated reports
* Develop tests and/or software modules needed to assess the accuracy of data and/or coding used for report generation
* Collaborate and communicate with external and external reporting customers
* Project management skills - manage multiple priorities
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience (4+ years)
* 2+years of experience performing significant data analysis, report development, querying high volume data
* 2+ years of experience communicating effectively with clients to understand client needs and define report deliverables
* Intermediate level of data reporting / querying knowledge and of relational databases, database structures, design, systems design, data management, data warehouse
* Intermediate level of proficiency with Microsoft Excel and Access
* Intermediate level of experience with SQL / relational database
* Must be able to work overtime & flexible schedule (weekdays/weekends) during holidays & peak period (November through January)
* If you need to enter a work site for any reason, you will be required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener. When in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are required to wear a mask in common areas. In addition, employees must comply with any state and local masking orders
* Healthcare insurance or claims experience
* IBM AS400 / RxCLAIM
UnitedHealth Group is an essential business. The health and safety of our team members is our highest priority, so we are taking a science driven approach to slowly welcome and transition some of our workforce back to the office with many safety protocols in place. We continue to monitor and assess before we confirm the return of each wave, paying specific attention to geography-specific trends. We have taken steps to ensure the safety of our 325,000 team members and their families, providing them with resources and support as they continue to serve the members, patients and customers who depend on us.
You can learn more about all we are doing to fight COVID-19 and support impacted communities: click here.
* All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group's Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: Report Analyst, data analysis, Optum, OptumRx, UnitedHealth Group, UHG, telecommute, remote, CA, California, work from home, work at home, WFH, WAH, hiring immediately