Master Data Management Data Steward - Remote Nationwide
Employment Type: Full-Time
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work. (sm)
This opportunity is with one of our most exciting business areas: Optum - a growing part of our family of companies that make UnitedHealth Group a Fortune 6 leader.
As a Master Data Management Data Steward, you will be work with a team responsible for ensuring data sets are reviewed for quality issues, duplicates, merge possibilities and uniqueness.
You'll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
* Review of data sets for quality issues, duplicates, merge possibilities and uniqueness.
* Communicate findings and data changes to appropriate teams and follow up on corrections.
* Maintain data review checklists.
* Assist in authoring and finalizing departmental operating procedures and training materials.
* Demonstrated excellent organizational, analytical, attention to detail and interpersonal skills.
* Ability to multi-task and manage timelines.
* Conduct data profiling when onboarding new data sources.
* Help define acceptance test objectives, test cases and assist in system and integration testing.
* Holds self-accountable for clear understanding of mission and goals for role and department. Achieves goals and helps to create an environment that fosters team commitment and employee engagement.
* Supports practices, policies and operating procedures and ensures alignment to departmental objectives and strategy.
* Supports a work environment in which people are able to perform to the best of their abilities. Holds self-accountable for technical abilities and productive results.
* Recognizes problems and is able to make recommendations/decisions on the best course of action to remediate. Resourceful at coming up with solutions using existing or available resources based on knowledge of the organization and level of execution effort.
* Other tasks assigned as needed.
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
* High school diploma/GED equivalent
* 3+ years of Data Steward or claims eligibility experience.
* Experience with data quality and profiling tools.
* If you need to enter a work site for any reason, you will be required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or a similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener. When in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are required to wear a mask in common areas, In addition, employees must comply with any state and local masking orders.
* Experience with Centricity Business software (GE/IDX) preferred
* Experience with Nextgate Data Quality Manager preferred
* Health care preferred
* Working knowledge of healthcare medical group eligibility business area
Technology Careers with Optum. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the health care industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life's best work. (sm)
UnitedHealth Group is an essential business. The health and safety of our team members is our highest priority, so we are taking a science driven approach to slowly welcome and transition some of our workforce back to the office with many safety protocols in place. We continue to monitor and assess before we confirm the return of each wave, paying specific attention to geography-specific trends. At this time, 90% of our non-clinical workforce transitioned to a work at home (remote) status. We have taken steps to ensure the safety of our 325,000 team members and their families, providing them with resources and support as they continue to serve the members, patients and customers who depend on us.
Some of the steps we've taken to ensure employee well-being include:
* Transitioned our new hire training classes to be conducted virtually
* Launched our ProtectWell app and UnitedCARES program to help ease the burden and stress for our UnitedHealth Group team members and their immediate family affected by COVID-19
* Daily updates from our CEO Dave Wichmann to support and inspire team members during this challenging time
* Onsite social distancing and increased sanitization measures for employees who have been welcomed back to our offices
* Fully cover the COVID-19 healthcare costs for our employees
* Employees who self-identify as high risk or who live with someone who is high risk have been asked to remain working from home
You can learn more about all we are doing to fight COVID-19 and support impacted communities at: click here.
What we do defines who we are. Take a deeper look at how we're providing support during this global health crisis and search for a way you can get involved. View our COVID-19 Resources Page: click here.
Colorado Residents Only: The hourly range for Colorado residents is $35,600 to $63,100. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. As of the date of this posting, in addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers the following benefits for this position, subject to applicable eligibility requirements: health, dental and vision plans; wellness program; flexible spending accounts; paid parking or public transportation costs; 401(k) retirement plan; employee stock purchase plan; life insurance, short-term and long-term disability insurance; business travel accident insurance; employee assistance program; paid time off; and employee-paid critical illness and accident insurance.
* All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group's Telecommuter Policy
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: Optum Technology, Master Data Management Data Steward, Data Steward, data management, GE/IDX, Centricity, work at home, work from home, WAH, WFH, remote, telecommute, hiring immediately