Associate System Administrator - Telecommute
Employment Type: Full-Time
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get - Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
The Associate System Administrator position will be a part of our John Muir Health partnership. JMH and OptumInsight are working together to advance high quality, convenient and affordable health care to consumers in the San Francisco Bay Area. A nationally recognized, not-for-profit health care organization located east of San Francisco, John Muir Health serves patients in Contra Costa, Alameda and southern Solano Counties. The health system includes a network of more than 1,000 primary care and specialty physicians, more than 6,000 employees, two acute care medical centers, six outpatient centers, numerous physician offices and a Behavioral Health Center.
What we do: Optum provides managed services across a broad set of non-clinical functions for John Muir Health, including information technology, revenue cycle management, analytics, purchasing and strategic transformation initiatives. Optum will also help accelerate their ability to deliver value-based care by managing its ambulatory care coordination, specifically in the areas of case management and utilization management and managing the administrative operations for John Muir's delegated risk business.
You'll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within United States as you take on some tough challenges.
* Install and configure Microsoft Windows Servers, Active Directory Services, Micorosft Windows Monitoring, Windows Server Failover Clustering, and Patch Management Solutions
* Review patches released by Microsoft, understand the need of the released patches for different Applications Technology environments and perform Patch management activities using native and third-party tools from different vendors
* Build and manage Operating System security standards for Windows Servers. Perform Server hardening for Virtual and standalone servers
* Have a good understanding of Windows Server management in a Public Cloud environment (Preferably Microsoft Azure). Able to build and configure storage and network configurations for Windows VMs on Azure. This includes but not limits to the configuration of NSG, Subnets, Virtual Network, Attach Network Interfaces
* Performance management and troubleshooting of Storage, VMs, and Basic Network
* Have strong skills in manage, troubleshoot, and audit of access controls using Active Directory
* Perform automation workflows for common and repetitive tasks
* Manage virtual environments running VMWare
* Build, Configure & Operate Disaster Recovery environment of Windows Servers across multiple regions and zones on Azure. Good understanding of failover and failback methodologies
* Performance & Capacity management for servers, storage for virtual and physical environments using native and third-party tools
* Use Service management tools such as ServiceNow for Incident, Change, and Service requests management
* Document Root Cause Analysis (RCA) and Standard Operating Procedures
* Support IT-Operations automation activities by working with the Automation team and share inputs on workflows, PowerShell scripts & system logs understanding
* Work on change management plans documentation for the above-mentioned technologies and share inputs as required by Change Approval Board
* Collaborate with architects on optimization and transformation projects
* Participate in the implementation projects
* Participate in disaster recovery planning, development, exercises, and actual events
* Adhere to Security and Compliance processes and guidelines to ensure a secure infrastructure
* Prepare and maintain documentation of infrastructure and server standards, configurations, and procedures
* Collects analyze and interpret data to evaluate solutions and inform business decisions and recommendations
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
* 3+ years of experience with MS Windows Server, VMWare vSphere & vSAN, EMC Isilon, SAN & NAS storage devices
* 2+ years with an understanding of Disaster Recovery environment, topologies, and best practices
* 1+ year of analytic and problem-solving experience
* 1+ year of experience showing proficiency with ServiceNow or other ticketing systems
* Proficiency with
* MS Project
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field
* VCP certified
* Microsoft Azure certification
* Microsoft Azure Certified as Administrator, and/or Architect
* 5+ years Windows Server
* 5+ years VMWare
* 2+ Years RedHat Linux
* Experience in management & administration of Citrix VDI, Virtual Apps & Netscaler in a large environment (7K - 10K endpoints)
* Working knowledge of Tanium (Endpoint automation and Software management)
* Experience supporting IaaS in an Azure environment
* Experience in a customer-facing role
* Health care industry experience
UnitedHealth Group requires all new hires and employees to report their COVID-19 vaccination status.
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
* All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group's Telecommuter Policy.
Colorado Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $79,700 to $142,600. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you'll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Senior Network Engineer, Telecommute, Telecommuting, Telecommuter, Work From Home, Work At Home, Remote, WAH#06022021