Electrical Line Technician/Pole Setting
Employment Type: Full-Time
Apply to open positions at United Site Services text USS Careers to 22633 to get started!
The Electrical Line Technician gets to 'spark' up the business by installing, repairing, and maintaining temporary power poles, lines, and generators for our customers. This is a highly hands-on role. Entry Level Aprentice with 3 years electrical experience.
* Perform installation/repair of temporary power poles.
* Maintain/repair electrical power lines.
* Connect temporary power to generators.
* Operate service bucket lift truck to and from pre-designated work sites based on daily routing information.
* Maintain telephone or radio contact with dispatch to receive additional instructions, changes to work locations, etc.
* Maintain struck logs according to state and federal regulations.
* Attend safety tailgates meetings/participate in training.
* Follows all established safety rules & regulations.
* Special projects as assigned by management.
In order to be successful at this job, here are some SKILLS you should have:
* Customer Service
* Safety Focused
* Time Management
* Decision Making and Problem Solving
* You are regularly exposed to outside weather conditions (in some cases extreme heat/cold), moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles.
* You are regularly exposed to various electrical conditions that require strict adherence to safety procedures (electrical shock, falls, cuts, etc.)