Retail Space Planner II - West Sacramento, CA
Employment Type: Full-Time
Responsible for handling all space planning projects up to and including requesting images, gathering necessary set size requirements, and processing projects in a timely manner. Gathers data from internal and external sources, interprets the data, and creates optimum schematics from that data. The position is also responsible for identifying correct channel and warehouse data, and producing schematics that adhere to UNFI's merchandising philosophy for optimizing sales. This position is located in MN reporting to a manager in our Providence, RI location.
Job Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
* Maintain and update schematics, across multiple departments across the country taking into account regional trends
* Complete custom schematics for accounts as required. Provides merchandising plans including
* layouts, product selection and presentation for new stores, expansions and resets.
* Communicate effectively with sales on timelines and needs for project completion. Works with Sales Reps to develop opening orders and/or orders for resets.
* Is able to multitask as needed and track work progress over the short & long term
* Convert schematics to a PDF & excel file as necessary for accounts.
* Provide optimum schematics based on item rank, availability, and active status as well as pack out.
* Maintains core schematics of top sellers for each product category for a variety of store sizes for use as a presentation tool.
* Utilize, analyze, interpret and edit data into the necessary format to create best schematics by
* geographic region.
* Request images as needed & acquire item dimensions as needed
* Utilize merchandising principles in completing schematics
* Associate Degree or equivalent related experience and college training.
* Knowledge of word processing and spreadsheet applications.
* Four or more years related experience, relevant merchandising experience highly preferred, experience in schematic software or ability to learn software, system implementation experience preferred
* Strong Communication skills
* Ability to communicate effectively and proactively to all levels of internal and external customers.
* Experienced in Word, Excel and PowerPoint, Access, and Adobe
* Ability to multi task and prioritize
* Ability to work independently
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. UNFI is an Equal Opportunity employer committed to creating an inclusive and respectful environment for all. - M/F/Veteran/Disability. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
* Additional Locations: United States of America, California, West Sacramento
* Schedule: Full-time