Field Sales Rep - San Jose, Sunnyvale, Santa Clara, CA
Employment Type: Full-Time
Partner with assigned customers to ensure they have the right products at the right time in the right placement. This is an hourly position.
Job Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
* Orders products that align with the needs of the customer. Follows through on customer product requests.
* Displays store products, rotates stock and removes out of code product. Ensures the neat and orderly appearance of UNFI products.
* Maintains effective business relationships with customers and arrives promptly at customer locations on assigned route for service. Responsible for product and/or delivery notification to customers.
* Processes merchandise returns and issues credits according to company policy.
* Assists in hanging shelf tags and promotional POS/POP materials and resets.
* Sells promotional and sales programs as assigned.
* Performs duties in accordance with Hazard Analysis Critical Control Points (HACCP) and Safe Quality Food (SQF) policies and procedures, as appropriate for location.
* Keeps management informed of area activities and of any significant concerns.
* Provides backup for other field sales representatives when needed.
* High school graduate or equivalent related experience.
* Valid driver's license necessary, as well as auto insurance levels that meet UNFI requirements.
* Prior customer service experience in a retail setting.
* Ability to get in and out of car multiple times per day.
* Drive to and from accounts safely in city, rural and expressway conditions.
* Ability to set up displays, fixtures, shelving and products.
* Able to tolerate exposure to store and warehouse conditions including wide variances in temperature, dust and dirt. Ability to lift up to 40 lbs.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. UNFI is an Equal Opportunity employer committed to creating an inclusive and respectful environment for all. - M/F/Veteran/Disability. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
* Schedule: Full-time