Enterprise Sales Executive, Japan
Employment Type: Full-Time
Udemy has a track record of hiring top talent. This role is an exciting one for a highly experienced Senior Sales Executive, Japan where the successful candidate will be expected to grow Udemy's business in Japan focused on driving revenue and new customer acquisition. This is a high visibility, leadership position that will coach a team of sales, and customer support professionals based in the Tokyo office of our partner, Benesse Corporation, and reports into the Director, Udemy for Business in Japan.
This position requires you to have a proven track record of closing large global enterprise deals in Japan, have a strong understanding of Japanese corporate culture, a bias towards action and strong data and analytical skills. You will be required to train, coach and mentor the Tokyo team who have diverse skill sets and capabilities, helping them land and expand udemy service offerings across a range of industries. Effective navigation with internal stakeholders through cross-team collaboration within the Udemy for Business global sales, customer success, and marketing teams is critical.
To be successful in this role, you must be an excellent communicator, highly motivated, equal parts left and right brain, effective working across multiple, cross-functional teams, and able to get things done quickly. The successful candidate will bring strong quantitative skills, strategic thinking and sound business judgment, along with the ability to think creatively and work independently.
This role will be based in our San Francisco headquarters.
In this role, you will:
* Coach a team of inside sales, field sales, as well as customer success teams focused on positioning, selling, and growing our solutions to enterprise accounts (1k+ employees).
* Drive top-line revenue growth through new customer acquisition and solution expansion within our existing account base.
* Manage team forecast and pipeline opportunity development and reporting for the Japan UFB teams.
* Develop, coach and lead your team to perform at a high level.
* Connect with and influence customers and prospects at the senior leadership level.
* Establish strategic plans and objectives to drive desired business growth.
* Partner with internal UFB teams to drive market growth and team performance, including related sales, marketing and support resources.
* Travel requirements 40% of the time, for extended periods in Japan.
* Utilize your strong senior level presence with commendable negotiation and influencing skills.
* Highly comfortable engaging with senior level executives on strategy and execution.
* Analyze internal and external data, as well as market and competitive trends, to inform strategic decisions around our product offerings and go-to-market approach.
* 10+ years sales and sales management experience in Japanese market
* Experience in leading, developing and mentoring a team of Japanese professionals
* Experience developing and executing regional sales plans and forecasts, addressing new customer acquisition and existing customer growth
* Creativity and proficiency in supporting sales cycles, including 'top of funnel' prospecting activity, opportunity qualification, developing joint close plans, negotiating and closing sales, and driving upsells
* Proven effectiveness working across functional teams
* SaaS Human Capital/Talent Management software experience, a plus
* BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience
* Distinctive problem-solving and data-driven analysis skills, combined with impeccable business judgment
* Excellent communication, negotiations and presentation skills (written and verbal) in English and Japanese
* Get-it-done mindset: not afraid to roll up your sleeves, getting into the data and analyses themselves, building complex deal models, and doing what it takes to get the job done - while also thinking and acting at a strategic level
* Independent and can perform at a high level without a lot of guidance
* A high energy and optimistic team-player and supporter with strong organizational and time management skills when seeking and closing large, impactful deals
* Proven track record of closing significant deals within Japan, as well as global deals with Japanese Corporations
* Ability to work in a fast-growing and dynamic environment
We believe anyone can build the life they imagine through online learning. Today, more than 40 million students around the world are advancing their careers and passions by exploring and mastering new skills on Udemy, and expert instructors are able to share their knowledge with the world. Through our global marketplace and our solutions for businesses and governments, we connect people everywhere with the skills they need for success in work and life. We're a close-knit bunch that enjoys problem-solving and collaboration, and we share a serious belief in the power of learning and teaching to change lives. Udemy's culture encourages innovation, creativity, passion, and teamwork. We also celebrate our milestones and support each other every day.
Founded in 2010, Udemy is privately owned and headquartered in San Francisco's SOMA neighborhood with offices in Denver (Colorado), Dublin (Ireland), Ankara (Turkey), Gurugram (India), and São Paulo (Brazil).
Udemy in the News
Udemy Adds More than $1 Billion To Its Valuation in New Funding Round
Udemy's Workplace Learning Tool Just Surpassed $100M in ARR
Paid Paternity Leave Should be the Norm in the U.S.
Breakdown of Most In-Demand Skills for 2020-Finance, Marketing, Sales and Engineering
How Investing in Yourself Today Will Set You Up for Career Success Tomorrow
Feedback Isn't the Problem, but the Way That We Deliver It Is Broken