Manager II, Freight Carrier Experience Team
*About the Role*
As an Engineering Manager within Uber Freight, you are expected to serve as a servant leader to your team of talented software engineers. Our team is tasked with changing the way the logistics and freight industry works: building apps that empower drivers to find and move freight efficiently and have a great experience shipping on Uber Freight’s platform.
You will be leading an area of our overall product strategy, setting the pace for taking projects from concept to release. Working alongside the product, data, design and operations teams, you’ll determine the best ways to increase user growth and engagement. Finally, you’ll join other technical leaders within engineering to ensure that this platform scales as we rapidly grow our business and our team. A strong background in software engineering is necessary in this role, but a desire to understand the business, as well as a keen sense of self-awareness and innate EQ are equally valued.
*What the Candidate Will Do*
* You will be an Engineering Manager on the Carrier Experience Team, helping build the best in class mobile and web experience for carriers.
* Work with tech leads on the team to further the vision of the platform around carrier identity and load fulfillment.
* You'll manage an engineering team that owns the backend and frontend experience around new product ideas to improve the onboarding and engagement of carriers.
* Strong leadership skills but also deeply technical. There is no need to code, but you’ll need to have a strong understanding of technical architecture, system design, and problem solving acuity on sophisticated technical challenges.
* Experience working in fast paced environments with dynamic product requirements.
* 2+ years of experience managing engineering teams through technical leads.
* 5+ years of relevant engineering experience.
* Backend systems experience.
* Be able to work cross-functionally with many other roles and partners within the company.
* Experience hiring and developing a large team.
* Full-stack systems experience.