Server Vendor Manager
Employment Type: Full-Time
Who are We:
Twitter Supply Engineering team is seeking an experienced Vendor Manager who is passionate about developing supplier base for building out large scale cloud hardware infrastructure to join our team. We are looking for a team member with a track record of managing original design manufacturers (ODMs) for cloud servers, commodities and network equipment designed for deployment at data centers.
What You'll do:
As a Vendor Manager you will take a leadership role for designing and maintaining a sophisticated supply chain ecosystem for Twitter's growing hardware fleet. You have a proven operational track record in creating qualification plans of new products and ramp plan, designing and maintaining hardware fulfillment plans, align qualification and supply schedules to meet demand plans. You will integrate these wide variety of activities to deliver hardware capacity at Twitter's data centers.
This position will offer an exciting work environment, multi-functional exposure and a chance to create an impact on Twitter's Infrastructure delivery and customer satisfaction by driving processes, solutions and supply chain tools.
Who You Are:
* This role has a high level of engagement with Twitter's on-prem Capacity Planning, Hardware Design, Network Engineering and engineering services for compute, storage and network hardware
* You will collaborate with hardware engineering on new project plans, vendor selections, hardware qualification and deployment timelines
* You will lead strategic negotiations with server hardware vendors, including negotiating cost reductions, lead RFPs and purchase proposals
* You will have responsibility for executing commercial contracts and facilitating quarterly business reviews
* You will create and maintain strategic supplier strategies, technology roadmaps and pricing direction
* You will manage all aspects of materials execution within a product's supply chain from hardware design through end of production phases of product's life cycle
* You will be the supplier relationship owner for clear-to-build, cost, quality, and delivery
* Develop cost forecasts for capital expenditure projections
* Provide perspective from your industry experience on processes we should further standardize or differentiate to build the best in class cloud hardware supply chain
* Keep a deep knowledge/expertise in managing new product development and ramp with Twitter Engineering and ODMs
* Degree in Engineering, Computer Science or other quantitative field
* 6+ years professional experience in supply chain management in manufacturing industry. Strong preference for experience managing network products and storage/compute server manufacturing for cloud segment
* This opportunity requires excellent technical, problem-solving, analytical, quantitative, and presentation skills
* Experience involving quantitative data analysis to seek solutions.
* Detail oriented with excellent organizational skills.
* Strong verbal and written communications.
* Ability to think strategically and tactically, with a persistent attention to detail.
* Collect and define tooling and process requirements to improve the Twitter hardware delivery lifecycle.
* Ability to multi-task and set priorities.
* Key proficiencies required in this position are cloud hardware supply chain knowledge, interpersonal savvy, priority setting, problem solving, time management. Strong process and systems focus.
Twitter is what's happening and what people are talking about right now. For us, life's not about a job, it's about purpose. We believe real change starts with conversation. Here, your voice matters. Come as you are and together we'll do what's right (not what's easy) to serve the public conversation.