Senior Product Marketer, Health
Employment Type: Full-Time
Do you flex between Lil Nas X and Safiya Umoja Noble? Did you tune in to watch the Congressional hearings on Algorithms and Amplification?
Do you have insight into what it's like to be without emotional safety in online conversation?
The Health & Privacy Product Marketing team is looking for someone to bring their diverse POV, marketing skills and ethical technology ethos to our mighty and growing team.
Who we are
Twitter is an open service unlike any other in the world. We serve a set of diverse people, perspectives, ideas and information. We serve the public conversation.
We approach the safety of people on our platform (and offline communities) like no other social platform and we need to tell that story.
Our design teams are taking a trauma-informed approach to redesigning our reporting. Our product teams are investing in procedural justice frameworks to rehabilitate rule-breakers. Our policy decisions are driven by deeply-held values that people deserve a safe space to express themselves.
And our marketing team is innovating ways to bring these nuanced stories to life in ownable ways that only Twitter can.
Who you are
* You have a deep empathy for all people on Twitter but especially marginalized communities
* You are passionate about ethical technology. You are keen to learn the unique elements of Twitters' Safety policies and products and find compelling ways to present the benefits to people on the platform.
* You have experience crafting positioning and messaging for B2C tech or purpose driven brands.
* You have a track-record leading GTM planning for a global brand or company and managing cross functional collaboration across a matrixed organization.
* You are a team player. Product Marketers collaborate with basically every team at Twitter.
* You are driven. You thrive in a fast-moving, dynamic, hyper-growth environment and are able to operate fluidly between the 100,000 -foot strategy level and the micro-detail to get things right.
* You break the mold. You are eager to make an impact and claim a seat at the table
What you'll do
The Global Consumer Product Marketing team is responsible for articulating the value of Twitter to a global audience.
In this role you will own GTM for new Safety products and policies into the world with precision and grace, ensuring people understand the tools, technology & policies that we have to keep them safe.
You'll also lead cross- disciplinary marketing campaigns and contribute to our story-telling platform, Common Thread.
* Reporting to the Head of Health & Privacy Product Marketing, work cross functionally with Product, Policy, Comms, Support and Analytics to drive all consumer-facing Safety launches
* Drive all product marketing GTM activities for Safety initiatives including positioning, messaging, naming, how-to's and creative campaigns, as informed by user research and market insights
* Advocate for the safety needs of people using Twitter, be informed about our competitive landscape, and become the go-to expert for your area to help shape the product roadmap and strategy
* Deal with escalations that are at times high profile in nature, often in the public eye, demanding executive attention, but remain calm and level headed to bring about quick resolution.
* Create compelling presentations to effectively communicate complex issues to the executive team and to external stakeholders.
* Think globally as we work to expand our safety solutions around the world, adapting your understanding of local market needs, competitors and GTM strategies accordingly
* 7 to 10 years of relevant work experience that can span brand marketing, product marketing, product management, trust & safety, policy or strategy consulting
* (At least 3-5 years of marketing or go-to-market experience)
* Experience partnering closely with product, policy and/or marketing teams in a matrixed organization
* Ability to evaluate issues independently in a fast-paced environment and manage multiple, cross-functional projects simultaneously
* Excellent communication skills, including public speaking
* Analytical mind-set and problem solving skills with high attention to detail
* Experience within the technology and consumer internet and/or social media industry and familiarity with the surrounding policy environments
* Familiarity with public policy issues associated with the technology industry, including topics such as user safety, privacy, and community moderation
* Passion for Twitter
Twitter is what's happening and what people are talking about right now. For us, life's not about a job, it's about purpose. We believe real change starts with conversation. Here, your voice matters. Come as you are and together we'll do what's right (not what's easy) to serve the public conversation.