Senior Data Scientist - Developer Platform
Employment Type: Full-Time
The Twitter Developer Platform team builds the API platform that serves those developers, and the developer experience team focuses on helping more developers find success with the Twitter API. As the first data scientist on the developer experience team, you'll have a massive impact on how we build the optimal experience for developers.
What you'll do:
* Create analytics frameworks to quantitatively describe and evaluate the developer lifecycle; define and create key metrics
* Design, implement and analyze experiments to evaluate product and feature changes
* Collaborate with Product to size growth opportunities and inform product roadmap
* Conduct exploratory analysis to understand developer behaviors and long-term trends; identify new levers to help move key metrics.
* Drive analytics requirements and collaborate with Engineering to implement logging
* Build datasets and pipelines to empower key metrics and exploratory analysis
* 6+ years of experience in Data Science using Python / R and SQL
* Team-player: ability to build strong relationships, collaborate directly with engineers and influence cross-functional partners
* Comfort with ambiguity: ability to independently develop and test clear hypotheses, and solve complex problems without well-defined direction
* Experience with product analytics and/or growth accounting
* PhD or MS in computer science, machine learning, statistics, or math
Twitter is one of the largest and most popular platforms in the world. Our code operates at massive scale and speed, serving billions of requests per day, connecting hundreds of millions of active Twitter users to real-time information about their lives and the world we live in.
The purpose of Twitter is to serve the public conversation. Developers can do far more to accomplish our purpose than we ever could on our own. The public developer.twitter.com exists to unlock creativity & innovation that serves the public conversation.