Privacy and Data Protection Risk Manager
Employment Type: Full-Time
Privacy and Data Protection Risk Manager
New York City, San Francisco, Seattle, Remote US
This role accepts applications for work in the locations as noted above. Roles listing 'Remote US' as a location are not currently available in the following states: Colorado, Iowa, and Louisiana.
Who We Are:
Privacy and Data Protection team members are key partners to a wide range of Twitter teams and partner closely with other legal, security, and business colleagues to support on all things Privacy and Data Protection. We are passionate about privacy and data protection and growing our business in a way that makes us proud.
What You'll Do:
* Partnering with the Security Risk Management team to support the design, build and execution of industry leading risk management programs, including risk assessments, risk modeling, risk treatment strategies, reporting and monitoring.
* Interpret data processing activities, systems and operational practices in order to understand and interpret our risk environment.
* Working with the operations team conduct Privacy reviews to meet applicable standards.
* Perform Privacy Risk evaluation across the company's business and product groups handling of risks.
* Prepare reports of identified and assessed risks to the management.
* Support the process for determining appropriate risk tolerance across our risk profile.
* Providing thought partnership, risk analytics (e.g. return on Risk Mitigation investments), and recommendations around remediation, risk mitigation, or process improvement to risk owners, Compliance or other control-related functions, as well as Leadership.
* Consult and coordinate with Compliance on the creation and monitoring of risk mitigation or treatment plans.
* Manage relationships both internal and external to the privacy organization.
* Effectively communicate and interface with internal stakeholders, as well as colleagues and business partners.
* Exercise excellent people skills, be a team player with a bias to action.
* Be motivated by the opportunity to solve privacy problems within an operations environment.
Who You Are:
The Privacy and Data Protection team at Twitter is committed to protecting the privacy and data of the people that use Twitter's services. We guide clients with clear, practical advice in a fast-paced environment to make sure we're delivering for our customers. We are looking for people who are collaborative, flexible, self-motivated, curious, creative, and clear communicators (both written and verbal). Successful candidates will have expertise in building risk management registers, programs, processes, documentation that enable teams and companies to manage and understand risk.
* 8+ years experience in the area of risk management, data privacy, security, audit and data governance in an information technology environment.
* Bachelor's degree in Risk Management, Engineering, Information Systems, Business or another related field of study.
* Exceptional communication and project management skills, including a strong desire and ability to make complex topics understandable for various audiences.
* Analytical and problem-solving experience with large-scale systems, and experience interpreting bottlenecks in complex systems and partnering with teams to resolve architectural issues, with experience adapting to new technology and participating in design discussions.
* Knowledge of Software Development Life Cycles (SDLC).
* Industry certifications relating to security, privacy, and risk management, such as CIPP, CIPM, CIPT or Information security certifications such as CISM, CISSP, CISA, and CRISC
* Working knowledge or willingness to quickly learn the content and requirements of various laws, regulations, industry guidance, and company compliance policies, particularly related to privacy, data disclosure, and cybersecurity.
* Demonstrate data analytical skills, creativity, and experience working with attention to detail.
* Solution-oriented, customer service, and growth mindset.
* Comfortable in fast moving legal compliance, digital marketing, social media, information security environments is preferred but not required.
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Twitter. Twitter is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.
San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
After you apply, a recruiter may reach out to you for an introductory call.
If your background is a match for the role, you may phone interview with 1-2 people.
If you continue through the process, you will interview with 5-10 people via a video conference call.