Engineering Manager, Platform Security
Employment Type: Full-Time
What You'll Do:
We look for someone who can lead teams of diverse, smart, distributed (across multiple geos), and driven engineers. We need leaders who take active roles in shaping the future of Twitter engineering while embodying our core values. A successful engineering manager will:
* Support a team of talented engineers who like to ship code and tackle hard engineering problems.
* Build cohesive, high-functioning teams that thrive in a culture of trust, respect, and inclusion.
* Balance autonomy with guidance by giving your teams the tools, context, confidence, and motivation to make decisions effectively and independently.
* Have the technical capacity to partner with tech leads and be comfortable diving into the fray to help drive resolution in the case of incidents.
* Take ownership for the group's short-term and long-term strategy. Define the team's roadmap, success metrics, and priorities in close collaboration with other engineering teams and multi-functional partners. Maintain a balance between building sustainable, high-impact projects and shipping things quickly.
* Own your team's results and ensure we develop scalable, highly-performant infrastructure that improves the security posture of our platform, for both on-prem and on cloud.
* Work closely with the Twitter recruiting team to hire high-potential candidates from a diverse group of backgrounds.
* Minimum of 2 years in engineering management
* BS, MS, or Ph.D. in computer science or a related field, or equivalent work experience
* Strong verbal and written communication skills
* Ideally, you have experience with:
* Setting and measuring strategic goals
* Defining a long-term strategic roadmap
* Leading a geographically distributed engineering team
* Developing and operating large scale, secure and performant distributed systems.
* Development experience on the JVM, including asynchronous I/O, concurrency, and the Java memory model
* Basic understanding of security fundamentals, such as TLS, etc.
Who We Are:
The Platform Security team focuses on executing large engineering efforts on the twitter stack that addresses significant gaps in our overall security capabilities. The team builds and owns core security services and libs that promote security by default in our platform. The team is also investing in building services to improve twitter's detection capabilities by leveraging both internal and third-party intelligence.