Technical Product Designer
Employment Type: Full-Time
TuSimple is a self-driving technology company with a mission to bring automation to the trucking industry. The Software Product Design Team plays a critical role in the mission. At TuSimple, the team is responsible for the product management and the user experience of software platforms that support the autonomous vehicle and related development work.
Example projects we are working on include:
* A platform that manages critical vehicle information for test operators and developers
* A platform for developers to regenerate the scenarios TuSimple vehicles met in the real-world
* A map editing toolchain for map producers and operators to collect and edit TuSimple HD map
What You'll Do
* Deliver high-quality products that solve user demands
* Work as a product manager to develop and design applications.
* Coordinate cross-functionally with developers, UX designers, and project managers to build consensus on prioritization which drives product execution
* Work closely with software engineering teams to understand the product and user requirements
* Translate quantitative data and insights from users into creative ideas and informed design decisions
* Identify and define product requirements; develop the product roadmap; write PRDs, create low-fi prototypes, and workflows
* Solicit ideas and feedback.
What You'll Bring
* A deep curiosity and ability to consider product strategy and vision. You don't just care about 'how it looks,' or 'what we should design,' but 'why are we designing this at all?'
* 3-7+ years of product management experience
* M.S. in Computer Science or relevant engineering field
* Understanding of prototyping methodologies and practices, user research methodologies, and A/B test planning/execution
* Knowledge and experience of prototype tools like Axure, Sketch, etc.
* Experience working on both B2B and B2C products
* Experience with data visualization
* 100% employer-paid healthcare premiums for you and your family
* Work visa sponsorship available
* Relocation assistance available
* Breakfast, lunch, and dinner served every day
* Full kitchens on every floor with unlimited snacks, drinks, special treats, fruits, meals, and more
* Stock options / equity
* Gym membership reimbursement
* Monthly team building budget
* Learning/education budget
* Employer-paid life insurance
* Employer-paid long and short disability
TuSimple is an Equal Opportunity Employer. This company does not discriminate in employment and personnel practices on the basis of race, sex, age, handicap, religion, national origin or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. Hiring, transferring and promotion practices are performed without regard to the above-listed items.