System - Autonomous Vehicle Software Architect
Employment Type: Full-Time
TuSimple Company Overview
Come join a higher calling and find a deeper purpose!
TuSimple is a fully commercialized autonomous trucking company. As a multi-national Artificial Intelligence Technology Company, we are at the epicenter of the Autonomous Vehicle Universe. Our breakthroughs are leading the industry in autonomous trucking.
While inventing the framework of Autonomous Driving, our live fleet of autonomous Trucks have fully evolved land freight. TuSimple is leading the way by hiring the most talented researchers, engineers, and scientists.
TuSimple was founded half a decade ago with the goal of bringing the top minds in the world together to achieve the dream of a driverless truck solution. With a foundation in computer vision, algorithms, mapping, and Artificial Intelligence, TuSimple has created the first commercially viable Autonomous Freight Network.
At TuSimple we are looking for an experienced Software System Engineer to join our team in San Diego, CA. You will work on the central unit platform to define software architecture. Work functionally with all engineering teams to build one of the most advanced systems operating on the roads. Your passion, organization and expertise will be key points to overcome obstacles that will lead to a safe and commercially ready self-driving truck.
* Responsible for defining functional requirements for the software.
* Work with product team to analyze product requirements
* Collaborate within system team and with cross functional teams to design, specify and allocate complex functions
* Design communication matrix across vehicle networks using Ethernet or CAN
* Ensures that the engineering development process is applied
* Create and maintain comprehensive system documentation
* Ensure forward and backward traceability for every requirement
* Ensure accurate test case coverage for each requirement.
* Take initiative to identify, communicate, and execute high-impact improvements
* Report progress and issues to the system engineering manager and project managers
Experience & Skills Required
* Bachelor's degree or above in Computer Sciences.
* Familiar with QNX, AUTOSAR, Cybersecurity
* Expertise in embedded vehicle networks
* Product development lifecycle experience
* Excellent skills in analysing, decomposing and structuring a complex system
* Open, curious and creative mind
* Strong experience with requirement management tools
* Understanding of Agile methodology
* Excellent communication, organization, and coordination skills
* Proven ability to work under firm deadlines in a fast-paced environment
* Functional safety process ISO 26262
* Automotive embedded software experience
* Autonomous driving or safety electronics systems experience
* Familiarity with, or practical experience in Computer, Mechanical or Electrical Engineering
* Strong organization and execution abilities
* Strong logical thinking
* 100% employer-paid healthcare premiums for you and your family
* Work visa sponsorship available
* Relocation assistance available
* Breakfast, lunch, and dinner served every day
* Full kitchens on every floor with unlimited snacks, drinks, special treats, fruits, meals, and more
* Stock options / equity
* Gym membership reimbursement
* Monthly team building budget
* Learning/education budget
* Employer-paid life insurance
* Employer-paid long and short disability
TuSimple is an Equal Opportunity Employer. This company does not discriminate in employment and personnel practices on the basis of race, sex, age, handicap, religion, national origin, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. Hiring, transferring and promotion practices are performed without regard to the above-listed items.
This opportunity is located in San Diego, CA.
You can apply to the job with this email address: email@example.com
Brown University, California Institute of Technology, Carnegie Mellon University, Columbia University, Cornell University, Dartmouth College, Duke University, Georgia Institute of Technology, Harvard University, Harvey Mudd College, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, North Carolina State University, Northwestern University, Princeton University, Purdue University, Rice University, Rose - Hulman Institute of Technology, Stanford University, Tufts University, University of California - Berkeley, University of California - Los Angeles, University of Illinois--Urbana-Champaign, University of Maryland--College Park, University of Massachusetts--Amherst, University of Michigan--Ann Arbor, University of Notre Dame, University of Pennsylvania, University of Southern California, University of Texas Austin, University of Washington, University of Wisconsin--Madison, Williams College, Worcester Polytechnic Institute (WPI), Yale University, MIT, CMU, Waymo, Uber, Facebook, Uber, Amazon, Cruise, Tesla, Argo AI, Baidu, DIDI, Zoox, Nutonomy, Nuro, Aptiv, Pony.Ai, Kodiak, Toyota, Nissan, GM, Ford, VW, Autonomous Car, Autonomous Driving, Robotics, Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, Deep learning, Perception, Prediction, Planning, Control, Anduril Industries, Sift, Nauto, Tempus, Salesforce, Automation Anywhere, SenSat, Phrasee, Defined Crowd, Pymetrics,Siemens, Socure, AEye, Rev.com, Suki.ai, Verkada, DataVisor, People.ai, AlphaSense, Icertis, Casetext, Blue River Tech, Nvidia, Bright Machines, Orbital Insight, Brighterion, H2O, Intel, Clarifa, X.ai, Zebra Medical Vision, Iris AI, Freenome, Neurala, Akamai, Zoho, ServiceNow, SalesForce, Oracle, Tableau,Splunk,Cvent, Veeam,Atlassian, DocuSign, Dropbox, Veeva Systems, Proofpoint, Cornerstone, Qualtrics. New Relic, Okta, Intralinks, MuleSoft, Freshworks, Slack, Twilio, Anaplan, Stripe, Workfront, Smartsheet, Zuora, OutSystems, Coupa, Cylance, Elastic, Zoom, SailPoint, BlackLine, iCIMS, Digitate, Qualys, Kareo, DataStax, DiscoverOrg, Siteimprove, Druva, Centrify, Looker, SimilarWeb, Odoo, Kyriba, Sumo Logic, Sisense, PagerDuty, DigitalOcean, Liquid Web, Zaloni, Databricks, ServiceTitan, Fastly, SnapLogic, Mendix, Couchbase, Egnyte, Seismic, Bill.com, Justworks, Collibra, ActiveCampaign, Schoology, SalesLoft, Cylynt,