Data Engineering Developer/Analyst
Employment Type: Full-Time
The Data Engineering Developer/Analyst will design, build, and enhance data analytics and business intelligence applications in support of the front, middle, and back office informational requirements. This role requires strong data engineering and financial service industry experience, and the ability to collaborate directly with various teams to improve processes and enhance capabilities in an ever-changing business environment. This individual will develop relationships with various user groups to recognize needs, analyze business processes, evaluate alternatives, and recommend strategic solutions. They require strong technical skills combined with business acumen to translate business requirements into sound, client facing technical solutions and applications. This role will also include project management responsibilities on small to mid-size initiatives.
* Determine specifications, plan, design, and develop business critical software solutions in concert with the project team and in collaboration with business customers.
* Participate in the development and establishment of enterprise standards, guidelines, tools and processes in order to ensure consistency across development projects, mitigate risk and protect the integrity of the computing environment.
* Perform operational and/or sustainment activities in support of key system entities that have cross-system and cross-department dependencies.
* Provide project management on small to medium scale development efforts.
* Create and enforce quality assurance/quality control procedures, including design and code reviews, and test approach/strategy and planning to ensure product quality.
* Develop or participate in the development of integration test plans and scripts based on business case and requirements; includes new application releases and patches.
* Research and maintain knowledge in emerging technologies and possible application to the business practices and processes.
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or equivalent
* 3-6 years' experience with direct database and/or data analytics development
* Strong development experience on SQL Server, SSAS, and SSIS
* Experience in managing system development life cycle in an agile framework using TFS or other ALM platforms
Professional Skills Qualifications
* Strong communication, problem solving, and organizational skills
* Must be detail oriented, quality driven, and able to shift quickly to new tasks
* Asset Management industry experience preferred
* Experience with cloud data development platforms, such as Azure Synapse, Data Factories, Databricks, Snowflake, etc
* Report Development within Microsoft PowerBI and Reporting Services
* Experience with Machine Learning applications