Head Of Security
Employment Type: Full-Time
Head Of Security
About the Role
Help keep millions of employees confidential data safe and secure.
In this role as the Head of Security for Truework, you will help inform, shape, and enforce security and privacy practices at Truework. You will work directly with technical and non-technical leaders to articulate a clear strategy around the pillars of security and privacy. You will be able to influence stakeholders and departments to improve our security posture. You will coordinate with third-parties for audits and testing of all key parts of our application, infrastructure and processes.
You will build a world-class team that reflects the need for a security-forward organization like Truework.
This role is crucial not only for Truework but for the future of privacy for millions of consumers and hundreds of millions of data & PII transactions per year. Together, we will build a new privacy-first and security-first Credit Reporting Agency.
About the Company
At Truework we are hyper-focused on building products that enable businesses and consumers to regain control over how their sensitive information is shared online. Our identity verification platform helps HR teams improve privacy and unlock productivity by automating employment and income verifications. On the consumer side, we are giving employees unprecedented visibility into how their professional information is shared between third parties such as banks, mortgage lenders and employers. We believe increasing data transparency and returning data controls to the consumer are two crucial steps toward improving the health and safety of the internet as we know it.
* Build a team of best-in-class security experts
* Be a leader for strategy and planning of the security programs at Truework
* Define what world-class security and privacy look like for a new kind of Credit Reporting Agency
* Collaborate with stakeholders from all parts of the company to help secure every aspect of our development and processes
* Define & own key security metrics
* Articulate a cohesive and comprehensive security program covering all aspects of Security: application security, infrastructure security, operation security & compliance
* Collaborate with third-parties to perform external audits of our security and compliance work
* Own and improve a mature security program
You may be a fit if
* You have 8+ years of leading security initiatives at technology companies. Experience in fintech companies is a plus but is not required.
* You have a Bachelor's or Master's degree in a technical field
* You can show a strong track record of high performance in security-minded companies
* You possess excellent analytical and decision-making skills
* You display strong leadership abilities and can articulate a clear vision for a security-forward organization
* You know how to balance compliance, security, and productivity in a rapidly evolving environment
Benefits & Perks
* Equity options
* Employer-sponsored insurance options for Medical, Dental and Vision
* Flexible Time Off
* 401(k) provider
* Paid parental leave
Truework is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.