Electronic Security Systems Technician
Employment Type: Full-Time
This is an excellent opportunity for the right candidates who want to advance their career within a great company. Trofholz Technologies, Inc. is searching for a positive and team-oriented professional with a desire to learn and increase capabilities within the security and communications industry.
We are searching for a qualified Electronic Security Systems Technician. This position will propel your career and allow you to grow into an Electronic Security Automated Access Control Point (ACP) Engineer/Developer. We need our Engineer Technicians to be versatile and enthusiastic as you will work in highly flexible, team-oriented environment. In this role you will integrate the various engineering, scheduling, procurement, construction, and startup aspects of a small projects. Positions available throughout the US.
* General technical knowledge to build, test, troubleshoot, repair and modify developmental and electrical or electronic components, parts, equipment, and systems by performing the following duties:
* Discusses standard layout and assembly procedures and problems with senior level technicians
* May draw sketches to clarify design details and functional criteria of electronic units
* Review the system logs and error logs for any problem indications
* Physical inspection of all access control, video surveillance and intrusion detection devices to insure full functionality and proper alignment
* Test each access control, video surveillance and intrusion detection device installed to verify correct operations are recorded on the system log
* Recommend changes in circuitry or installation specifications to simplify assembly and maintenance to supervisor
* Sets up standard test and circuitry to conduct functional, operational, environmental, and life tests to evaluate performance and reliability
* Analyzes and interprets test data
* Adjusts, calibrates, aligns, and modifies circuitry and components and records effects on unit performance
* Utilizes technical reports and charts, graphs, and schematics for system's operating characteristics, malfunctions, and functional limitations
* Checks functioning of newly installed equipment to evaluate system performance under actual operating conditions
What you will learn to become a qualified Electronic Security Automated Access Control Point (ACP) Engineer/Developer:
* Support 3rd Tier sustainment operations and the Systems Engineer Directorate with any testing, upgrades or advances of software or technology
* Traffic safety engineering, automated traffic management, and gate/pedestrian control systems / PLC programming, de-bugging and remote diagnostics
* Gain experience with Enterprise-level system integration and troubleshooting
* Field-level programming of IP devices, software applications, HMIs, and PLC embedded hardware
* IA hardening on Industrial Control Systems (ICS)
* Enterprise-level software integration and support
* Gain experience with all automated AVG and APT baseline software applications required to configure, update, maintain, manage, operate, and support both onsite and remotely
* Field-level operational testing and troubleshooting
* Gain capabilities to conduct system operational verification testing (SOVT) and compliance audits for deployed and maintained baselines
* Project Management and coordination of complex systems development, deployment, and support
* Gain capabilities to build and conduct operator, technician, and superuser training for automated vehicle gates and automated Pedestrian Turnstiles
* (3) years of maintenance experience with physical security access control system hardware.
* (3) years of maintenance experience with one or more systems: Access Control System (ACS), LENEL, AMAG, VINDICATOR, HIRSCH, and / or SOFTWARE HOUSE (certifications in any of the above a plus)
* Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
* Strong written and verbal communication skills
* Ability to successfully complete drug and background verifications
* Active DoD issued clearance or ability to obtain US DoD issued clearance
About the Company:
Trofholz Technologies is an award-winning, multi-faceted company offering excellent career opportunities in a diverse, creative, and fast-paced work environment. Building a career with Trofholz means joining a team of diverse, talented, dedicated and innovative professionals committed to serving commercial and government technology needs.
To apply for this opportunity please make sure to visit us on the web @ www.trofholz.com and click the career tab or you can apply directly to our career center @ http://www.trofholz.com/who-we-are/join-our-team/
We have been able to reach a high level of technical excellence by committing to strong company values and key success strategies. The 'Quality, Commitment, Creativity, Integrity and Team' adage known as the 'QCCI Team Creed' is widely conveyed throughout the company and has been instrumental in the success of Trofholz. These core values have enabled Trofholz to develop a respectable company culture that is demonstrated in every client engagement
Trofholz represents excellence in all we do from hands on interaction with our clients implementing innovative solutions, to developing customized training and professional development programs for our employees. We are a fast-paced organization seeking team players who enjoy meeting challenges. We offer competitive salary and benefits packages combined with a fun and challenging work environment.
Trofholz offers comprehensive health and welfare plans which include:
* Medical plan with national network and HSA option
* Dental PPO with national network of participating dentists
* Life and AD&D Insurance
* Flexible Spending Accounts
* Employer Matched 401(k)
* Personal Time Off (PTO)
* 10 Paid holidays a year
Be More, Do More with Trofholz
Trofholz is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and complies with all federal and state laws, regulations, and executive orders regarding affirmative action requirements and programs.