Senior Manager, Automation
Employment Type: Full-Time
TriNet is a leading provider of comprehensive human resources solutions for small to midsize businesses (SMBs). We enhance business productivity by enabling our clients to outsource their HR function to one strategic partner and allowing them to focus on operating and growing their core businesses. Our full-service HR solutions include features such as payroll processing, human capital consulting, employment law compliance and employee benefits, including health insurance, retirement plans and workers' compensation insurance.
TriNet has a nationwide presence and an experienced executive team. Our stock is publicly traded on the NYSE under the ticker symbol TNET. If you're passionate about innovation and making an impact on the large SMB market, come join us as we power our clients' business success with extraordinary HR.
The Senior Manager is responsible for managing a team of Engineers to define and deliver upon a strategic initiative to build automation pipeline and deployment to Cloud. This is a hands-on leadership role and individual is expected to contribute towards coding, conducting code/design reviews, facilitating technical discussions to determine technical direction when needed, as well as work with engineering teams, other technical leaders, and stakeholders. Additionally, this individual will work with the IT team to ensure that the proper infrastructure is provisioned to support the automation initiative.
* Drive technical strategy and execution for TriNet's automation initiatives, migrating on premise workloads to AWS, supporting team members with solutioning.
* Deliver a robust automation framework built upon established and proven open source or commercial tools
* Offer guidance in infrastructure movement techniques including bulk application transfers into the cloud.
* Manage ongoing technical development by acting as a liaison between the technical team and the internal stakeholders.
* Develop detailed work plans for project activities within scope of application or platform responsibility.
* Hire and retain automation talent to ensure continuity of provided services
* Create metrics to measure effectiveness, coverage, and regression cost reduction
* Advocate the use of the automation infrastructure with development teams
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Technology or relevant field.
* Minimum 10 years of management experience managing high profile teams
* Experience in building reliable frameworks which leverage both open source as well as established commercial tools
* Hands-on experience migrating production workloads to Docker Containers and multi-tenant Kubernetes at scale.
* Architecture, understanding and hands-on knowledge of Microservices and Service mesh
* Hands-on experience with various Release Management and DevOps tools like Jenkins, Ansible, GIT, BitBucket.
* Experience in Agile development methodologies, especially Scrum and Kanban
* Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
* Excellent team player with an ability to influence, manage and lead teams by example.
Other Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
* Ability to assess functional and technical gaps in designs
* Support continuous improvement processes, analyzing problems and recommending actions for effective resolution
* Competency with application servers, deployment tools, Databases and network infrastructure
* Ability to adapt to a fast paced continually changing business and work environment while managing multiple priorities
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Excellent interpersonal skills
* Minimal travel required
Please Note: TriNet reserves the right to change or modify job duties and assignments at any time. The above job description is not all encompassing. Position functions and qualifications may vary depending on business necessity.
TriNet is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against applicants based on race, religion, color, disability, medical condition, legally protected genetic information, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, gender identity or expression, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), age, veteran status or other legally protected characteristics. Any applicant with a mental or physical disability who requires an accommodation during the application process should contact email@example.com to request such an accommodation.