Product Operations Analyst
Employment Type: Full-Time
TriNet is a leading provider of comprehensive human resources solutions for small to midsize businesses (SMBs). We enhance business productivity by enabling our clients to outsource their HR function to one strategic partner and allowing them to focus on operating and growing their core businesses. Our full-service HR solutions include features such as payroll processing, human capital consulting, employment law compliance and employee benefits, including health insurance, retirement plans and workers' compensation insurance.
TriNet has a nationwide presence and an experienced executive team. Our stock is publicly traded on the NYSE under the ticker symbol TNET. If you're passionate about innovation and making an impact on the large SMB market, come join us as we power our clients' business success with extraordinary HR.
As a Product Operations Analyst for the Products Organization at TriNet, you will promote process excellence end-to-end across the full product lifecycle from discovery to delivery and through to adoption and beyond. This is a 'hands on' role and will require responsibility for all aspects of process improvement and delivery, including: identification, prioritization, process design, testing and piloting, building alliances with partner organizations, evangelizing stakeholders from senior management to individual contributors, training and mentoring, implementing, measuring adoption, process execution, defining roles and responsibilities, driving continuous improvement, etc. You understand the models (agile, lean, scrum, program management) and know how to adapt the models based on organizational dynamics and maturity.
The ideal candidate is self-driven, thrives on new problem spaces, can connect data, process, and business problems. You love using data to tell a story and excel at process design and implementation. You have a skeptical eye and always want to know 'how will I make things better?' and are just as ready to kill a process as to build one. And you know the key to success is thinking 'end-to-end', understanding the flows, partnering across the organization, creating the right metrics, and building accountability. In fact, key to your success will be your ability to partner effectively with stakeholders while demanding accountability.
* Drive process excellence from a Products perspective in partnership with Engineering, Business teams, and Portfolio/Program Management
* Synthesize and communicate, including with metrics and data, how product performance is linked to company success
* Create and maintain a library of templates, guidelines, product management best practices, and other resources
* Impact process design to ensure scalability, including driving automation, streamlining, and efficiency
* Evangelize Product methodologies (e.g. Agile, Lean) know how to adapt them for real companies with real customers
* Work closely with various product teams to clearly define problem statements and success metrics
* Contribute to discovery practice, including product discovery experiments and related data collection and analysis
* Help drive product tool evaluation, selection, adoption, migration
* Support product roadmapping and planning, and become a resource for product managers•
JOB REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
* Bachelor's or Master's degree, preferably in Statistics, Economics, Operations Research, Data Science, or equivalent
* 4+ years of post-college working experience in product operations, product management, or operational role that worked closely with product and engineering teams
* Experience in products-driven environment
* Strong project management experience
* Experience executing cross-functional work, and working with 3rd parties to drive execution
* Experience in companies that employ modern product management & software development techniques, especially modern discovery techniques
Other Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
* Thorough understanding of data models and data modeling concepts
* Strong operational background and a track-record of designing and refining processes to deliver improved outcomes faster
* An ability to execute on and deliver complex projects involving multiple stakeholders
* You know how to combine business case input from finance, win/loss/churn stats from sales, feedback from customer experience, and behavioral data from across the company to tell an inspiring story about customers
* Excellent communications and presentation skills with ability to adjust communication styles depending on type of target audience
* Exceptional teaming skills and ability to excel in matrix work environment where requirements can be often ambiguous
* Ability to work, collaborate, and lead cross-functional teams to support deadlines
* Possess a keen style of communication and presentation in order effectively engage all team members.
* Solid Excel and/or SQL skills
* Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail
* A passion for delivering an outstanding user experience
* Strong aptitude for learning new technologies
* A positive, action-oriented attitude and ability to juggle multiple priorities simultaneously •
WORK ENVIRONMENT/OTHER INFORMATION (Travel required, physical requirements, on-call schedules, etc.)
* Minimal travel required
* Work in clean, pleasant, and comfortable office setting
* The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Please Note: TriNet reserves the right to change or modify job duties and assignments at any time. The above job description is not all encompassing. Position functions and qualifications may vary depending on business necessity.
TriNet is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against applicants based on race, religion, color, disability, medical condition, legally protected genetic information, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, gender identity or expression, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), age, veteran status or other legally protected characteristics. Any applicant with a mental or physical disability who requires an accommodation during the application process should contact email@example.com to request such an accommodation.