GIS Subject Matter Expert
Employment Type: Full-Time
Title: GIS & AMS Subject Matter Expert
Location: US based (Remote)
Department: Water (Cityworks)
The Subject Matter Expert will support key initiatives to develop and maintain vertical experts in relation to the software. There will be a strong focus in municipal and local government, public works, utility districts, transportation, and related segments. This role reports directly to the Vice President of Vision & Product Engineering within the Industry Managers group.
* Responsible for identifying development priorities to further extend Esri functionality within the Cityworks platform, creation of design documents and working with the development team to implement.
* Maintain knowledge and understanding of current Esri technology
* Support project management, account management, training and customer support with Esri issues related to Cityworks
* Assist staff in the Cityworks documentation department with testing, reviewing and creating documentation, white paper, knowledge base articles and training documents.
* Provide guidance on best practices for implementation of Esri technology in coordination with Cityworks products
* Prepare and present high-quality business and technically-related documentation
* Plan and participate in internal education webinars and external marketing webinars
* Maintain in-depth knowledge of the Cityworks AMS application.
* Provide internal webinars for the purposes of updating staff on existing software functionality and upcoming new features.
* Interact with Sales, Account Management, Projects, Documentation and Training for verification, reporting and tracking of software issues.
* Maintain in-depth knowledge and interact with Partner Management for updating partners of new functionality, upcoming releases and product roadmaps.
* Work collaboratively with Stakeholder teams in relation to prioritization of new functionality and development of design documents.
* Interact with Development to provide context and guidance in relation to software development.
* Assist with product information inquiries, and benchmark requirements with a sense of urgency and accuracy.
Skills and Requirements:
* 5+ years of experience designing, implementing, and/or administrating enterprise solutions/systems that leverage the ArcGIS platform (desktop, server, and online) and/or Cityworks platform
* Bachelor's in computer information systems, computer science, GIS, engineering, or related field
* Strong technical know-how, especially in GIS and work management, and hands-on experience
* Comprehensive knowledge of community development, public works, and utilities in municipal and/or utility districts (water, wastewater, stormwater, streets, and traffic).
* Exceptional interpersonal, written/verbal communication, multi-tasking, and presentation skills
* Knowledge and experience with software engineering and/or robust application development principles and practices
* Experience in the design, development, implementation, and/or administration of Cityworks solutions or equivalent technology
* Ability to travel approximately 30%
Cityworks, a Trimble company, is transforming the way the world works by delivering products and services that connect the physical and digital worlds. Core technologies in positioning, modeling, connectivity and data analytics enable customers to improve productivity, quality, safety and sustainability.
Those who successfully lead others to meet our objectives are vital to our organization. Leadership at Trimble is much more than simply exercising assigned authority; we expect our leaders to embrace a mission-focused leadership style, by continually adapting to circumstances while not losing sight of the end goal; demonstrating strength of character, intellect and the ability to convert ideas to reality.
Trimble Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws, or any other protected factor. EOE/M/F/V/D