Occupational Therapy - Lead
Employment Type: Full-Time
Tri-City Healthcare District has been serving the North County region for almost 60 years and remains committed to providing high quality healthcare and community services for every individual we encounter regardless of race, color, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, disability or socioeconomic status.
Our mission is to advance the health and wellness of the community we serve. In order to achieve our mission, we see, hear and listen to our front line healthcare workers, employees, medical staff and all community stakeholders in order to understand and meet our community's needs.
The Lead Therapist supports quality, safety and competency initiatives for all clinical areas within their designated service area. The Lead Therapist is responsible for assessing, delegating, implementing clinical care quality and efficiency related activities, evaluating and coordinating Rehab related patient care activities. The Lead Therapist will work closely with the Director of Rehab to ensure the assessment and enhancement of clinical skills for all licensed therapy staff within their service area(s). The Lead Therapist serves as a resource to the department. Evaluates and implements medically prescribed Occupational Therapy programs specific to the patient's age and mental/physical status to restore, reinforce, and enhance patients' functional independence. Provides patient, family, and/or caregiver education.
Major Position Responsibilities:
* Assists in the day to day oversight of other staff members, students, and volunteers, as appropriate.
* Assists leadership with area-specific staffing, scheduling (communicating schedule & resolving schedule conflicts), orientation of new employees, and day-to-day operations as per departmental needs, including but not limited to staff productivity and efficiency, charge functions, auditing staff billing errors and providing leadership with feedback for staff performance reviews.
* The lead shall have overall responsibility for therapy staff and ensure that the staff is trained to meet the needs of the patients and the scope of service provided by therapists.
* May provide staff clinical competency feedback to rehab leadership
* Participate in leadership meetings and activities as requested.
* Performs evaluations, develops and implements treatment plan for pediatric, adolescent, adult and/or geriatric populations with various diagnoses.
* Submits concise, accurate, and complete documentation and charges.
* Maintains professional standards of conduct and ethics as outlined in department expectations and professional organizations, including meeting productivity requirements, maintaining professional development, and maintaining continuing educational requirements in order to provide up-to-date assessment and treatment methods.
* Possesses knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patient population.
* Provides education to patients, families, caregivers and other health professionals.
Safety and Infection Control Responsibilities
Responsible to maintain a safe and clean work environment, including unit based specific safety and infection control requirements.
* Minimum of 3 years of clinical experience, required
* Excellent communication and organization skills required.
* Proficient in MS Office (Excel, Word, Outlook & PowerPoint), required.
* Previous leadership experience preferred.
* Current California Occupational Therapy license, required
* Current BLS certification, required upon hire; American Heart Association Healthcare Provider.
Each new hire candidate who is offered employment must pass a physical evaluation, urine drug screen and pre-employment background checks before starting work.
TCHD is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation, or gender identity/expression), age, marital status, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with a disability.