Employment Type: Full-Time
Tri-City Healthcare District has been serving the North County region for almost 60 years and remains committed to providing high quality healthcare and community services for every individual we encounter regardless of race, color, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, disability or socioeconomic status.
Our mission is to advance the health and wellness of the community we serve. In order to achieve our mission, we see, hear and listen to our front line healthcare workers, employees, medical staff and all community stakeholders in order to understand and meet our community's needs.
A professional caregiver who performs diagnostic, fluoroscopic, CT and radiography procedures at a technical level not requiring constant supervision; under the guidance of the CT/IR supervisor. The CT technologists is responsible for the performance of all aspects of CT and routine imaging, accurately and independently in accordance with established procedures and policies in the diagnosis and treatment of disease in patients of all age groups. Uses independent judgment to accomplish the efficient completion of prescribed CT and routine imagine procedures utilizing good patient care and proper radiation protection standard; processes images; assures correct images; accurate billing and file documentation; records information related to exams into department computer system. Performs other activities in support of clinical team members when not engaged in imaging activities. The CT Technologist provides service in a manner consistent with TCMC's mission and values.
Major Position Responsibilities:
The position characteristics reflect the most important duties, responsibilities and competencies considered necessary to perform the essential functions of the job in a fully competent manner. They should not be considered as a detailed description of all the work requirements of the position. The characteristics of the position and standards of performance may be changed by TCMC with or without prior notice based on the needs of the organization.
* Maintains a safe, clean working environment, including unit based safety and infection control requirements.
* Greets patients and provides procedure education to patient and/or family member.
* Transports patient to examination room. Assists patient to the examination table.
* Operates CT scanners using correct scan parameters. Adjust KV and MA setting appropriate to patient population in accordance with Title 17 and follows ALARA.
* Operations contrast injector delivery systems.
* Screens all contrast procedures for risk factors and documents in the patients medical record.
* Records pertinent patient history, unusual conditions or patient limitations, Documents incidents or variances on appropriate forms as necessary.
* Good customer service skills.
* Experienced in fluoroscopy, emergency room, portable radiography, minor invasive procedures and some O.R. experience, required.
* Experienced in CT procedures in a medical center setting preferred. Experience in invasive CT procedures, preferred.
* 1 year hospital based clinical medical experience, preferred.
* CRT (California Registered Technologist) license, required.
* ARRT- CT (American Registry of Radiologic Technologists) license required within 1 year of hire or initiation of training.
* Venipuncture certification, required within 6 months of hire.
* Current BLS certification, required upon hire; American Heart Association Healthcare Provider.
Each new hire candidate who is offered employment must pass a physical evaluation, urine drug screen and pre-employment background checks before starting work.
TCHD is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation, or gender identity/expression), age, marital status, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with a disability.