Employment Type: Full-Time
Transdev, formerly Veolia Transportation, is the largest private sector operator of multiple modes of passenger transit in North America, providing bus, rail, paratransit, shuttle, sedan and taxi services. We manage over 200 transportation contracts for cities, transit authorities and airports, providing safe and sustainable mobility solutions. Our mission is to improve public transportation, to enhance quality of life and combat global warming.
Transdev is the contractor that oversees the East Bay Paratransit program (rides for people with disabilities). Our web site iswww.eastbayparatransit.organd we're located in downtown Oakland above the 19 th St. BART station. In addition to competitive salary and a convenient location, Transdev offers an attractive benefits package, including health, dental, vision care, life insurance and a 401k plan.
Under the direction of the Certification manager and using established procedures, the Certification Analyst would be responsible for reviewing the ADA eligibility application forms, conducting second-level assessments and making determinations of paratransit eligibility and establishing reasons for denial of ADA eligibility appropriate for presentation during an Appeals Process. This position is also responsible for outreach related to the East Bay Paratransit eligibility process.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES
Duties include, but are not limited to the following:
* Identify and classify applications into various processing categories.
* Answer Certification Department calls and provide customer service assistance as needed.
* Cover Certification Department reception desk as needed.
* Using established procedures to conduct in-person interviews, consult physicians or other medical professionals to obtain medical verification, review application information and determine and document ADA eligibility, including category, conditions of eligibility and reasons for denial.
* Present individual cases of eligibility denial in a concise and professional manner (both verbal and written) to an Appeals Panel for an Appeals Hearing process.
* Explain clearly and succinctly to current passengers, new applicants, visitors and regional passengers the ADA paratransit eligibility criteria used and the process of determining eligibility.
* Assist with outreach efforts by presenting information about our programs and services at conferences, workshops, forums and to individual riders and/or applicants.
* Data entry.
This position must be available to work a set schedule, generally Monday through Friday, 8:00-5:00PM. Will work full time and must be available to work an eight hour shift five days per week and be available to report to duty as needed, 365 days per year including holidays. Occasional overtime may be required.
Possess a high school diploma or equivalent. Some college exposure in an allied health profession is highly preferred. Experience working with elderly/disabled also preferred. Possess the ability to work with customers and co-workers with diverse ethnic backgrounds and disabilities. Experience using a personal computer is a must. Have proficient English skills both verbally and in written form. Must be organized and focused.
Majority of the work is performed on-site in a professional office setting that is well lighted, climate controlled, dust and smoke free. Some off-site work setting may be necessary dependent on need. Building and work areas are fully ADA accessible. This is an environmentally friendly office. The use of scented products or other fragrances, natural or synthetic, is not permitted.
For more information please visit our website at www.transdevna.com/careers
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions upon request.
Transdev is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion or other legally protected status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
_EEO is the Law Poster: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/poster.cfm_
Drug free workplace
If based in the United States, applicants must be eligible to work in US without restrictions for any employer at any time; be able to pass a drug screen and background check
Job Locations US-CA-Oakland
Posted Date 24 hours ago (10/4/2021 6:12 PM)
Requisition ID 2021-15823
Position Category Other
Internal Reference 484