Field Service Manager - South Atlantic
Employment Type: Full-Time
The Field Service Manager supports the Customer Service (CS) Core Process Objectives
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Receives work direction from Field Service Manager - Domestic
* Assists technical representatives and end-users with hard-to-solve problems, technical issues, and customer grievances.
* Provides technical and general information (verbal and written) regarding all Toro Irrigation products and applications.
* Supports Sales and Distributor Field Service/Sales personnel with technical issues, on-site assistance, and supplies emergency products when needed.
* Participates in various cross-functional teams.
* Schedules training meetings to keep personnel current on new Toro products, updates, and Hold Alerts.
* Provides feedback from customers to Engineering and Marketing.
* Performs other related duties as needed in addition to the essential duties and responsibilities described above.
* May be bi-lingual (English/Spanish)
* Travel Required - Up to 20% supporting field sales, distributors and customers. Primary travel responsibilities will be Domestic and within assigned region. Other destinations may be requested as needed.
* Service responsibilities include supporting all Toro irrigation products including various partner products. Responsible for interfacing with Toro and Distributor Sales and Service personnel for the reporting and resolution of product-related issues.
* Supports interface with Manufacturing, Engineering, Design, etc., to keep technically current on all Toro Irrigation products and services.
* Provides technical expertise to internal and external Toro personnel, distributors, contractors, architects, golf course superintendents, and others.
* Establish and maintain a professional 'team' relationship with Toro Irrigation personnel in support of shared responsibility for region.
* Develop strong communication with all appropriate personnel in Toro including other service and sales managers and marketing personnel.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
* Education: Bachelor of Science degree (may substitute 5 years of experience).
* Experience: 4-5 years of technical service work in the irrigation industry
* Training: Some knowledge of irrigation system design and installation along with basic hydraulics and electronics. Basic Toro product knowledge. Strong communication skills. Ability to use a computer with business software.
* Mathematical skills: Ability to operate a calculator to compute math for business reports.
* Reasoning Ability: Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form. Ability to provide technical assistance on hard-to-solve problems. Ability to effectively explain product functions, maintain and develop long-term professional business customer relationships.
* Certificate/Licenses: None stated.
* Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. When performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required:
* The employee must move up to 50 lbs
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, genetic information (including family medical history), political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit based factors. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.