Senior Accounting Manager
Employment Type: Full-Time
Tonkean is the OS for business operations, transforming operations teams from facilitators into makers with an enterprise-grade, no-code process orchestration platform. By abstracting the technical knowledge required to automate, monitor, and manage mission-critical business processes, Tonkean enables enterprises to drive operational efficiency while reducing technical debt.
Tonkean builds a bridge between business and IT, allowing IT to partner with business teams to drive agility while ensuring compliance & security. Using Tonkean, IT can create custom, reusable action blocks called 'enterprise components' that enable key capabilities like updating data in existing systems, interacting with people, or deploying NLP & OCR technology. These components can then be shared securely with business operations teams, in a no-code studio, to orchestrate business processes across functions and systems by adding business logic. Business operations teams can become more self-sufficient, and IT teams can scale with confidence.
Enterprises like Lyft, EVERSANA, Instacart, Grubhub, Crypto.com, and more rely on Tonkean to optimize and align their operations across functions-including sales, marketing, customer support, legal, finance, and more. With Tonkean, enterprises can expand the pie of who can deliver software, making a world of makers.
As Tonkean's Senior Accounting Manager, you will work closely with our VP of Finance to build the Accounting team from the ground up, establishing policies and processes while implementing key financial systems to support rapid scaling. The Senior Accounting manager will be responsible for A/P, A/R, monthly/quarterly close cycles and global consolidation, and leading annual audit efforts.
As the first member of the Accounting organization, you'll play a key role in establishing culture, team dynamics, and long term execution capability. You must be a hands-on leader, willing to get your hands dirty while developing the accounting function and hiring a best in class team to scale across multiple business entities.
To be successful in this role, you must be experienced in managing accounting operations in a high-growth SaaS startup. You must bring a high level of technical accounting expertise that will drive accounting policy creation, process improvements, and the continued development of our internal controls.
If this opportunity excites you, we'd love to talk.
WHAT YOU WILL WORK ON
* Design, build, and lead all accounting systems and processes
* Select and implement key finance systems, including ERP, AR/AP, and expense management software
* Familiarity with ASC-6060 and current accounting standards and processes as it applies to SaaS business models
* Own and optimize financial reporting, general ledger reconciliation, and month end close journal entries including revenue recognition and expense reporting
* Manage and staff headcount in accounts payable, accounts receivable, and general cash management
* Assist with tax reporting and filing
* Own the Monthly/Quarterly close process and global consolidation
* Develop, document, and maintain business processes and accounting policies
* Develop and define our internal controls structure and responsibilities
* Certified Public Accountant (CPA) license
* Bachelor's Degree in Accounting
* 5+ years of relevant experience including Big 4 public accounting and/or experience at a high-growth startup (ideally SaaS)
* Strong understanding of GAAP and financial accounting standards and recent pronouncements
* Advanced Excel skills
* Experience administering and working with Quickbooks and NetSuite
* Excellent research, analytical, and organization skills
* At least 2 years of management experience with a proven track record of leading and developing high performing teams
* Experience with international accounting standards, Israel specifically a plus
* Have a strong sense of ownership in your work, and love the idea of building out and owning systems and processes end-to-end
* Enjoy identifying and solving problems proactively while working with cross-functional team members
* There Is Always A Way. At Tonkean, we believe that nothing is impossible. There is a solution to every problem - you just need to find it.
* Think People First. We believe in investing in, empowering, and prioritizing people. We work as a team and win as a team. We listen with purpose as we speak with courage. We believe in diversity. We always ask ourselves: Is this giving value to our customers? Is this improving our team? Is this helping me be better?
* Start With Why And Fail Fast. We believe that progress is the only way forward; that action is always better than no action; that innovation requires bravery. We believe that every worthwhile 'how' starts with an important 'why.' If you know the 'why', and you can learn from it, It's never a failure. It is the operational cost of progress.
* No BS. To matter, you must - stay focused, keep it simple and always move the needle. We don't have time for BS. We don't waste energy; we prioritize efficiency; we stay focused; and we always try to optimize for what's important.
PERKS AND BENEFITS
* Join a fast-growing business that is venture-backed by Lightspeed Venture Partners and Foundation Capital.
* Collaborate with a talented yet humble team as we empower operations teams and eliminate mundane tasks.
* Competitive compensation & equity package
* Virtual social events, and annual company retreats
* 401k, Medical, dental, and vision insurance
* Tonkean provides each employee with a new laptop, monitor, headset, keyboard and mouse
* Remote employees receive a one-time work from home setup stipend (reimbursable) of $500(USD) upon commencing employment to purchase desk, chair and other work from home tools.
Tonkean welcomes everyone. We believe every member of our team enriches our diversity and inclusion by broadening our ways of problem-solving for future challenges. Even if you don't meet 100% of the qualifications for this job, we strongly encourage you to apply.
Tonkean is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program. We believe diversity is important to building a successful business and do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, reproductive health decisions or related medical conditions, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, political views or activity, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories.