North Shore Day Camp - Counselors
Employment Type: Full-Time
Whether you want to spend next summer in the Catskill Mountains of New York, Pocono Mountains of Pennsylvania, in the Hamptons, or on the Gold Coast of Long Island, the TLC Family of Camps have great summer camp jobs just for you!
The TLC Family of Camps takes the job of coaching and caring for children seriously. We are looking for top-quality summer camp counselors and specialty staff who will take this job as seriously as we do. We are committed to being the best. To do that, The TLC Family of Camps needs to attract the very best summer camp staff and that is why we pay the highest salaries in the camp profession.
Working at one of our camps offers the opportunity to make life-long friends from across the U.S. and throughout the world. Last summer, The TLC Family of Camps warmly welcomed camp counselors from across the United States, Canada, Great Britain, Australia, New Zealand and South Africa – giving a true international flavor to our camps.
June 28th – August 20th
- Each group of campers is led by 2 – 4 Group Counselors who fill the role as mentor, coach, older sibling and teacher. Much of campers’ summer success lies with the relationship they develop with their group counselor. Counselors spend the day working with their campers and participating in all activities with them. We look for applicants who have patience, compassion, great listening and communication skills, spirit and the ability to relate to children.
- Specialty positions include athletics, swim, adventure, creative and performing arts areas. The role of a specialist is to provide instruction to campers in their specific area of expertise with the assistance of the Group Counselors. Some of these positions require extra training (which we provide). Swim staff must have current swim certifications.
- Lifeguards and WSI’s
- Athletics – Basketball, Baseball, Soccer, Tennis, Gymnastics
- Outdoor Adventure – Climbing Wall, Low Ropes
- Creative Arts – Arts & Crafts, Ceramics, Cooking, Nature, Stage Design, Science
- Performing Arts – Drama, Dance, Music
- You will lead, teach, supervise and ensure the overall safety of the specialty area. Applicants must demonstrate significant experience teaching/coaching in the specialty area, as well as the ability to train and supervise a group of assistants. We require our Lead Specialists to be able to work autonomously, developing their own program within our camp’s philosophy. We follow a team approach and all work together to ensure the highest quality program and camp experience.