Banquet Kitchen Runner
Employment Type: Full-Time
Perform responsibilities in accordance with all Company standards, policies, and procedures. Enforce all initiatives given; assist cooks in daily culinary production responsibilities. Possess the ability to work hands-on in any kitchen environment, including those involving off site premise. Majority of the production will be assisting Chef, Sous Chef's, Cooks, Cooks Helper's, in banquet & catering production & set up, dish ups, running food for buffets, stocking items needed for warmer or refrigerators, refilling items that are low in product, placing proper utensils, checking chilled salad items and steam table temperatures.
* Responsible for practicing, supporting, and promoting Thunder Valley Casino's 'Winning Attitude' Company-wide culture and demonstrating Thunder Valley Casino's AAA Four Diamond Service Standards at all times.
* Prepares food according to daily meal plan.
* Attend daily Team Member pre shift meetings.
* Must be able to handle a flexible schedule.
* Must ensure and comply with a safe and hazard free work environment according to the Health department guidelines.
* Follows set schedules and specific job duties
* Communicate on a consistent basis with all managers. Keep them abreast of all department activities.
* Follow SOP's, recipe books and guidelines and have all necessary supplies to provide consistency and quality for AAA Four Diamond guest Service.
* Maintain cleanliness, safety and sanitation standards in accordance with department policies and those of the Department of Indian Health.
* Ensure that kitchen and equipment are in good working order and that the work area is clean and hazard-free. Notify a supervisor immediately if kitchen and equipment are not in good working order.
* Possess the ability to work hands-on in any kitchen environment, including those involving a three-meal period and high volume production. Majority of the production will be frying, sautéing, griddling, carving, broiling, and steaming all meats, fish, vegetables and poultry. May include cold salads, sandwiches, cold displays, salad dressings, slicing deli meats and cheese for guest services according to Thunder Valley standard's and specifications.
* Ability to communicate effectively with Guests, Team Members and Management in both written and verbal form.
* Must manage time effectively with minimum supervision. Ability to handle high pace production.
* Must be able to handle constructive criticism and be willing to continuously improve.
* Must possess and demonstrate great attention to detail in order to maintain unit's appearance and operating standards using good judgment.
* Possess or obtain a California Food Handler Card.
If you feel that this position is a great match for your interests and skills, click the button to apply. Thank you again for considering joining the Thunder Valley Casino Resort team!