Youth Program Leader - Ontario
Employment Type: Full-Time
Youth Program Leader
Be the one to inspire the next generation of students. To partner with schools to provide award-winning programs before, during and after school. To help kids succeed.To change the odds. As a Program Leader, you'll be a homework helper, a mentor, and a superhero in the classroom. And, we'll provide all the training. Just bring your positive spirit and desire to join an innovative and growing organization!
Here's more about the job:
* Program Leaders work directly with an assigned class of approximately 20-25 students, acting as a positive adult role model, coach, and mentor. Program Leaders must have a genuine interest in the growth, development, and provision of a safe and nurturing environment for the students they teach. A program leader's ability to establish authority through leadership, communication, and most importantly patience, will be required in giving our students the stability and nurturing atmosphere they need to succeed. Ensuring that Think Together students reach their potential takes a tremendous amount of hard work, flexibility, and commitment.
And here are some qualifications we're looking for:
* Must be able to work Monday- Friday (Must be able to meet program start and end times roughly 12:00 PM- 6:00 PM) school site times may vary due to minimum day at school sites.
* High School Diploma or G.E.D. Required
* 48 college semester/60 college quarter units required /or by passing an Instructional Aide Test.
* Ability to speak and write Standard English appropriate in a public school setting
* At least six months experience working or volunteering with a group of 10 or more students in a classroom, after school, or recreation environment
* Advanced Math and English skills (K - 8)
* Excellent communication skills (Written and Verbal)
* Support our English-learner population by being bi-literate (Spanish preferred)
* Ontario Montclair School District
* Must pass Live Scan (criminal background check via fingerprinting), and provide a clear TB test taken within the last 3 years.
Think Together is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, religious creed, physical disability, mental disability, age for individuals age 40 and over, medical condition (as defined by state law (for example, cancer or genetic characteristics or HIV/AIDS), marital status, military and veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information, citizenship status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Our management team is dedicated to this policy with respect to recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, benefits, employee activities and general treatment during employment