Employment Type: Full-Time
School Program Leader
(San Jose USD)
Founded in 1997, Think Together partners with schools to change the odds for kids by providing award-winning programs during and outside the school day. We're one of California's largest nonprofits working in school districts from San Diego to San Francisco. Whether you're interested in early learning, elementary, middle or high school, you can invest in your community by working at a local school or working within our home office providing support!
As a Program Leader, you'll be a homework helper, a mentor, and a superhero in the classroom. And, we'll provide all the training. Just bring your positive spirit and desire to join an innovative and growing organization!
Have we piqued your interest? Here's more about the job:
Program Leaders work with an assigned group of students, student to staff ratio is contingent upon CDC guidelines. Program Leaders act as a positive adult role model, coach, and mentor. Program Leaders must have a genuine interest in the growth, development, and provision of a safe and nurturing environment for the students they teach. A Program Leader's ability to establish authority and connections through leadership, communication, and most importantly patience, will be required in giving our students the stability and nurturing atmosphere they need to succeed. Ensuring that Think Together students reach their potential takes a tremendous amount of hard work, flexibility, and commitment.
Note: This position will be in-person working at the school site. Think Together is taking all necessary precautions to ensure our employees' safety.
* Provide homework assistance, academic enrichment and physical activity, using curriculum and materials provided by the program.
* Create an engaging environment that fosters a sense of belonging that kids want to be in.
* Support students in making positive behavior choices and take disciplinary measures when appropriate.
* Engage children and youth by following, implementing, and assisting in creating lesson plans.
* Ensure student safety by assisting in set up, break down, and ongoing maintenance in an effort to keep the school or community site clean and orderly.
* Promote positive interactions between volunteers and students in accordance with child safety guidelines.
* Maintain student safety by taking roll and reviewing sign-in/ sign-outs for students and volunteers.
* Identify student needs and communicate to Site Coordinator, teachers, school administration, parents, and volunteers as appropriate.
* Commit to a full-year program, demonstrated by arriving on-time, every day and completing time cards appropriately.
* Participate in staff development activities.
* Experience working with young children and the ability to inspire and motivate.
* Proof of graduation from High School or G.E.D. Required;
* Additionally / 48 college semester or 60 college quarter units required / and/or by passing an Instructional Aide Test (in some districts)
* Ability to speak and write standard English appropriate in a public school setting.
* Must pass Live Scan (criminal background check via fingerprinting)
* Provide a clear TB test
* Pass Advanced Math and English skills (K - 8) testing
* 1st shift: 8:00 am- 11:00 am
* 2nd Shift 11:00 am-2:00 pm
Think Together is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, religious creed, physical disability, mental disability, age for individuals age 40 and over, medical condition (as defined by state law (for example, cancer or genetic characteristics or HIV/AIDS), marital status, military and veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information, citizenship status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Our management team is dedicated to this policy with respect to recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, benefits, employee activities and general treatment during employment.